witness in Alice Springs at Stupid O'Clock anyone ??

spanner

Anyone in Alice Springs willing and able to witness IBA forms at approximately 03:30 on 07/04/2017 ??

I can get the petrol station staffer to do so but it takes time to explain things to them I find.

I just want to get a witness in case I don't make it for some reason and I need to cover my backside ....... so to speak.

:)

spanner

Brian? Does Brain's wife who is also called Brian live there too?

Sorry..... I just couldna' help ma'self!

Which Brian is that .... there is a couple of Brian's on the forum. Cheers.

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I reckon that at 03:30am the servo bloke will be only too willing to hear your IBA spiel and sign your form. That won't take more than a couple of minutes of chat.
"How far?" He's likely to ask. "This one time, me and my mate rode all the way from blah blah blah". They often have a story to tell and its all good fun. A couple of minutes and you'll be getting the wave goodbye and a shout of "Good luck and look out for the roos".

If all fails at the BP, back track a couple of minutes to the 24 hour Shell on the north end of town. That's where I'd start anyway.... Take care with the start docket at the Shell. The first time I used a it for a docket it just said "Truckstop" as the location. I was able to cross reference the phone number to correspond with the internet info on the Shell station locator and the IBA were happy. ATM may suffice.

What intrigues me about your 'Stupid O'clock' request is that I thought you were going to have a nap 68km south of Alice? That's from another of your threads about this ride.....

- Are you really planning on starting your ride in Alice and then essentially going to sleep 40 minutes later?
- Or are you going to ride south through Alice, sleep at the Polhill rest stop, then ride 40 minutes back north into town to start your southbound SS1600K?
- Or have you completely changed your mind about Polhill since 10:30am today before starting this thread at 14:48hr today?

spanner

still sleeping at Polhill.

Have made slight adjustment to route by 75 kms or so.

Tsv to Alice SS2000
ride to Polhill for snooze
ride to Stuarts well Roadhouse for witness for SS1600 in case I get delayed or need to abandon the SS2000Mile but this will give me the opportunity to still complete an IBA finishing on the Saturday.

Will only 'claim' either the SS2000M OR two individual SS's being the SS2000 and the SS1600.

Does that make sense or is that just a stupid thing to do?

Grey Gentry

Premier Member
still sleeping at Polhill.

Have made slight adjustment to route by 75 kms or so.

Tsv to Alice SS2000
ride to Polhill for snooze
ride to Stuarts well Roadhouse for witness for SS1600 in case I get delayed or need to abandon the SS2000Mile but this will give me the opportunity to still complete an IBA finishing on the Saturday.

Will only 'claim' either the SS2000M OR two individual SS's being the SS2000 and the SS1600.

Does that make sense or is that just a stupid thing to do?
Sounds good to me. See you in Renmark.