TAR24 Roundup Scholars, Winos and Poets well under way

Kimmie

Sounds like you all had a fabulous time.

Well done to one and all for having the courage to face Lady Cuddles and her devious band of Merry Mob Masters!!!!

Congrats to you King Crappy!!

Vlad

Premier Member
I made it home at 2100 yesterday and promptly slept for 12 hrs straight, can't remember being so tired.

A big thanks to everyone involved in organising this event it was a huge task executed seamlessly. Well done to all the riders involved and many thanks to those who willingly shared there knowledge and insight with complete and utter novices like me

You may have had a little more time Crappy ,but that was an amazing ride.

Now that the dust has settled and I can think straight again, I'm looking forward to the next one

Cheers

Let me start by saying a BIG thank you to Milady (Annette) & My Lord (Shane), I dont know how you get us there but once again you enticed us to "test our marriage" and come along for some meaningful discussions between ourselves o_O

I would also like to thank Ox, Bill, Enterprise, Kiwi Martin & of course FARKING Crappy for sharing their knowledge. :(:confused:

We left Kariong at 4.30am this morning beat the Sydney peak hour and came in on the beginning of Melbourne peak hour arriving home at 4pm.

If i remember i will write a short story on "marriage counselling":oops: I meant the TAR24 :D

OOPS forgot to congratulate FARKING Crappy, well done

Home in Brissie at 10:00 EST. Big day for me!
There will be many plaudits and expressions of gratitude- I'll start by thanking Annette for the many hours evident in the Rally Book. She set the bar high with the Medieval Rally and she keeps the quality at a very high standard. Thanks to my check-in tormentor, Enterprise, for dragging me over the line to be a Finisher. Thanks to the hardcore experienced Rallyers who keenly helped us all through the preparation. Thanks to Shane for stoically hauling himself around on crutches to officiate. Thanks to Bill for answering my midnight questions on the road. Did I detect a whiff of red wine over the phone? It wasn't a good line. Congrats to Crappy on a well deserved win. I just looked at his SPOT. And I thought I rode hard. He's a machine!
You are a true inspiration Bill. You did a great job!

Definitely not a win , all that was down to prior knowledge having the routing the pack for a week while Lady Cuddles adjusted the points.
After spending that long planning it the temptation was too great to see if the plan was actually rideable.

I learnt so much from everyone involved ........thank you.
Legend Crappy legend

Congratulations to Crappy for an awesome ride and score
I myself had a great time and learnt many new things about routings
Well done to all the other ringers for all making it back safe and for making for a great weekend
Still only half way home after so much needed sleep
And last but not least a very big thanks to all the Drovers and the mob bosses for all your efforts
Watching you guys ride your plan and smile when it all goes wickety wack makes all the effort worthwhile. Great job Naughty Bart. Send me your postal address and I'll get the Motel pack off to you.

Thanks to ALL, especially Shane, Annette, Bill and Ox for crafting such a high standard Rally.

Well done to all the participants, there was a lot of effort put in by everyone! And well done Crappy, Mate you are Mr Consistent! Love your work!!

Confession time! It was me that made the mistake on the sleep bonus and left the BURN makes on the Scoring Table....such a simple mistake but better to make it on the Training Rally than at the IBR in June. :(

I had a ball and can't wait for the next Rally..... Good Times!
Every time we do a rally and make a simple mistake that costs us so many hard earned points, we always learn something from it. Those Drovers are a very bad lot!

Let me start by saying a BIG thank you to Milady (Annette) & My Lord (Shane), I dont know how you get us there but once again you enticed us to "test our marriage" and come along for some meaningful discussions between ourselves o_O

I would also like to thank Ox, Bill, Enterprise, Kiwi Martin & of course FARKING Crappy for sharing their knowledge. :(:confused:

We left Kariong at 4.30am this morning beat the Sydney peak hour and came in on the beginning of Melbourne peak hour arriving home at 4pm.

If i remember i will write a short story on "marriage counselling":oops: I meant the TAR24 :D

OOPS forgot to congratulate FARKING Crappy, well done
You two are a true example of what true love really is! Being able to endure a long distance motorcycle rally!!! Well done the two of you. Glad you got home safely.

Congratulations to everyone involved! Sounds like you all had a ball.

A big thank you to Lady Cuddles and all the workers who made the weekend a great success.
These things are a lot of work, but I enjoy watching the faces at the end. It's a true testament to human spirit and endurance that they keep coming back for more! These guys at this rally are the core of the future of long distance rallying in Australia and they should be deservedly proud of themselves, even those that DNFd. It happens to even the most experienced of riders.

Kimmie

Kimmie,
Sadly, no-one took the bait of 15,000 points for a Pic of Hells Gate!
See, you should have come along........
I just find that soooo difficult to believe :p had I've known I could've met someone out there for a cuppa at the "Gate". There were obviously more points to be made by not going to "Hell" and back.

Sadly though Bill, I have come to realise that rallying is not my thing. I enjoy the riding around and taking pics but the time and pressure of the exam to get there and then there's the remembering of things (which Karl can attest to.....that I am hopeless at...Oh it's a castle!!!!, Oh it's a castle!!!) just doesn't make it enjoyable for me. I will stick the the odd SS, RTE & FarRides.

I haven't turned basecamp back on since the last attempt (maybe I don't have the patience).

Glad everyone is arriving home safely and enjoying the well deserved sleep.

SimonB

Premier Member
I'd like to add my thanks to all those that worked to make the roundup happen. Whether you identified the bonus locations, worked on the roundup book, sourced the (terrific) facilities in Taree, stayed up all night answering text msgs or gave a short presentation during training. We all learned much. Thank you all!

Thanks to the other participants too. Without you, there would be no roundup either.

Me, I'm looking to the next roundup. And when I get enough points to finish it'll be so so sweet!

In the meantime, ride safe and we'll catch up somewhere.

Grey Gentry

Premier Member
I'm home safe, although it seems I was bound to have a meeting with the Australian wildlife along the way. More of that later.
My thanks go to all involved, organisers and participants. What a great lot of people you are.
I'm the third DNF. I failed my ambition not to leave points on the table.
So I guess, I'll just have to come back and try again. The only way is up from here.

Biggles

Premier Member
Sorry to read about your wildlife encounter, Ron.
Your quote says it all regarding rallying:
Those who want the test, want to see over the horizon...achieve the goal or fail are in the end the only players who have credibility. - C. Snooks
It's having a go that counts. I'm still kicking myself around for squandered points, but very thankful I scrounged enough to be a Finisher, thus keeping my record clean. But it seems to be getting harder, or is that the Rally designers?

I'd like to add my thanks to all those that worked to make the roundup happen. Whether you identified the bonus locations, worked on the roundup book, sourced the (terrific) facilities in Taree, stayed up all night answering text msgs or gave a short presentation during training. We all learned much. Thank you all!

Thanks to the other participants too. Without you, there would be no roundup either.

Me, I'm looking to the next roundup. And when I get enough points to finish it'll be so so sweet!

In the meantime, ride safe and we'll catch up somewhere.
Simon. Keep at it. We were all like shot ducks after our first one, but once you get the itch, you've just gotta scratch!

I just find that soooo difficult to believe :p had I've known I could've met someone out there for a cuppa at the "Gate". There were obviously more points to be made by not going to "Hell" and back.

Sadly though Bill, I have come to realise that rallying is not my thing. I enjoy the riding around and taking pics but the time and pressure of the exam to get there and then there's the remembering of things (which Karl can attest to.....that I am hopeless at...Oh it's a castle!!!!, Oh it's a castle!!!) just doesn't make it enjoyable for me. I will stick the the odd SS, RTE & FarRides.

I haven't turned basecamp back on since the last attempt (maybe I don't have the patience).

Glad everyone is arriving home safely and enjoying the well deserved sleep.
I guess it's not everyone's cup of tea. You should just do what you enjoy the most.

I'm home safe, although it seems I was bound to have a meeting with the Australian wildlife along the way. More of that later.
My thanks go to all involved, organisers and participants. What a great lot of people you are.
I'm the third DNF. I failed my ambition not to leave points on the table.
So I guess, I'll just have to come back and try again. The only way is up from here.
Good on you Ron. A real trooper. Did you get any reds home safely?