Saturday 11th June RBLR1000

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I'm please to announce that IBAUK is organising the RBLR 1000 in conjunction with RBLR

Entry will open on the 1st March 2016

The start and finish will again be Squires café

The popular northern route will remain along with a new southern route.

There will also be a new 500 mile route which will not qualify riders for Iron Butt Association membership.

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
I think it's time I put my hand up ;) o_O

I'd put a couple of posts on the main RBLR forum under the RBLR1000 topic last year and Paddy (he of bright yellow Goldwing fame) was unfortunately no longer able to commit to organising the event for this year. I subsequently took the initiative and contacted the Branch Chairman and Vice Chairman to inquire about any news. This prompted a request for help followed shortly afterwards by a discussion I had with El Presidente at the January RTE and the subsequent offer to help manage the event in conjunction with the Branch.

Last year following the suggestion for a new southern route Paddy contacted me to see if I could have a play around and come up with a shorter 500 mile route. I think this was so maybe new riders would have the option of a less challenging ride but still be able to take part and raise money for the Poppy Appeal.

Fast forward a couple of weeks and a new SS1000 southern route, together with a 500 mile route around Yorkshire and Cumbria are now with Mike, for checking that the 1000 miler complies with all the usual rules. As Phil has said the northern route will remain the same as this has always been very popular (I've ridden in the event 4 times and only ever gone North :rolleyes:). The southern route involved a great deal of motorway miles which in my opinion may have put some new riders off, especially considering what roads, lack of traffic and scenery the Scottish Highlands had to offer in comparison.

I think the Branch will be resurrecting the event website and we're hoping to have everything available electronically; registration and payment, route cards and maps, sat nav files and receipt logs etc. As far as riders who paid to enter last year is concerned I know the Branch is aware so I'm sure something positive will be arranged. After all they must have a list of who paid to enter in 2015.

As soon as the routes have been verified I'm sure there will be more information and also requests for volunteers to help out. Not only during the actual event but also for physically checking some receipt locations to make sure the co-ordinates are all tickety-boo and receipts have the correct addresses etc. Should be a good excuse to get out for a nice ride, both oop north and darn sarf :) :cool:

Anyway roll on June :D

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Sounds Positive Mark... Thank's for the update.

I would also like to thank you for stepping up and volunteering to help/organise the event.

irpuk

Premier Member
Well done Mark for stepping up. I would like to do this but the weekend does not work for me; family swimming across the lakes that weekend for charity so I can get wet and cold (and for a change not on the RBLR).

If I can help with anything prior to the event just let me know.

Ian

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
You will not have to pay for your entry again if it was held over from last year.
I'm just trying to establish with the RBLR how many there are so we can agree a course of action.
But rest assured you will not have to pay again.

When details are finalised the IBAUK website and the RBLR website will announce it.
Then this thread of forum will be announced to all entries for up to date information.

As White Dalton have been lost as sponsors IBAUK will be organising the entries and collecting entry fees.
The RBLR will still get the sponsorship for the Poppy Appeal.

Last edited:

Sneezy

IBAUK Bouncer
IBA Member
At the moment, (my plans change a lot at moment) im possibly leading a group of friends round the 1000, but if not, im going to try to borrow a 125 to do it on,(136kg on a 125, gotta be worth a sponsor).
Im happy to help out before and after, (if all else fails, ill do it on pig in the 17 hour limit and help out)

Last edited:

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
Having a 125 on the IBA stand would look cool and certainly get some comments, especially if you then finish before many others on far bigger bikes :D

Where are people staying the night before?
I know quite a few stopped at Squires and camp but it was at you own risk of leaving your tent. whether that as change some thing to look in to .
the other place was
South Milford Hotel
Junction 42 A1M,
South Milford,
LS25 5LF
who also did a deal on the rooms if you said that you was doing RBLR and Iron Butt. Once again something to look it to

RBLR/SS1000 2014

GraemeandSally

RBLR 1000
Premier Member
We have got free camping at squires (unless you want to book on to the top caravan pitches which you need to do via Squires web site which is chargeable) and I am waiting to here back from Selby Fork motel re discounted room rate which should be on the web site when it goes live on the 1st March I would think some of us will be about through the day Saturday to keep an eye on things as per other years
We will be camping and not going home

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
When the Event website is up and running there will be detailed instructions available to view and download. This covers accommodation and as Graeme has said Squires will be offering free camping as they have in the past, but the top area which now has electric hook-ups will still cost £12.00 per night. Details will be on the download with a link taking riders straight to the Squires campsite booking page if they want to use that area.

I think we might also be getting a tick box on the registration page for those that intend to camp so we have an idea of how many are likely to want free camping, just so we can give Squires the heads-up.

Personally I've always used local hotels. Nothing beats a nice dry quiet room to yourself instead of lugging camping gear along too. I've stayed at the following three local Premier Inns over the years; Castleford Exscape, Castleford Junction 31, and Pontefract North. I know a lot of riders have used the Quality Selby Fork Hotel which Graeme is looking into, and it's only about a mile from Squires.

There is a 24 hour fuel station very near to the Castleford Exscape Premier Inn and if I stay at either of the hotels along this part of the M62 I can top the bike up on my way to Squires on Saturday morning. :) Both hotels are less than 10 minutes ride from Squires.

I keep checking to see when there is a cheap deal going. If Greame can wangle a cheap rate for entrants that will also be great news :D

We have got free camping at squires (unless you want to book on to the top caravan pitches which you need to do via Squires web site which is chargeable) and I am waiting to here back from Selby Fork motel re discounted room rate which should be on the web site when it goes live on the 1st March I would think some of us will be about through the day Saturday to keep an eye on things as per other years
We will be camping and not going home
Thanks for the info

Bimbler

RBLR1000 Publicity
IBA Member
I normally stay at Castleford Xscape Premier Inn for this event. Park the bike outside the front door under the CCTV camera. 10 minute hop to Squires and fuel close by.

Do you have plans for promoting the event to a wider audience to draw in more participants ? Is someone coordinating this ? Perhaps that is an RBLR matter.

Last edited: