2017-06-02 Moscow

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Working on the dates so far it's looking good to go..

I've put it on my ride calendar so add me to the list as well...

Thanks...

orestesdjc

Premier Member
I'm good for this, I've wanted to go to Russia for many years so if funds allow I'll spend a bit more time there. Have to dig out my old Russian text books!

The AA's advice for driving in Russia

Last edited:

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Would it help if the meeting point was changed to 55°45′01″N 37°34′37″E (British Embassy) @FJRPilot ?

Last edited:

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
So we, as members of IBA UK are only allowed to organise an RTE in the UK? That's rather limiting for LD riders isn't it.
Of course you/we are Dave, this sounds exciting. Just politely pointing out this has ended up under the UK RTE section and not the Euro one. Wouldn't want potential riders to miss out that's all. :oops:

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
Perhaps we should now have 'World R2E' section or is Moscow Europe or Asia?

I guess it is under the UK R2E's as one of our own is organising it and of course throwing a welcome to anyone who'd like to join in.

Love, light and kindness, File 29-01-2016, 17 45 14.jpeg

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
Well that serves me right for thinking out loud :oops:

If you put a section for World RTEs John will go suggesting one in the middle of the desert :D

Sneezy

IBAUK Bouncer
IBA Member
Hi bob, im up for this as a 1+1.
Im not rich by any sense of the word, would anyone else be interested in a savings club?
I.e for arguments sake £50 a month, (obviously thats open to discussion). Then come june next year you can ride to moscow and enjoy life to the full, with money for servicing/tyres to boot.

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
would anyone else be interested in a savings club?
I think we probably need further & better particulars Mark. Are you suggesting some sort of shared bank account?

I also am not rich and will have to work at affording the trip and I suspect that you and I do not constitute the entirety of the "not rich" subset of the IBA.

orestesdjc

Premier Member
I'm still working on a itinerary but as I want to do a few side-trips, St Petersburg and Tallinn among others, I'm estimating a budget of at least £1200 so saving has started in earnest. This may be my only LD ride in 2017.

Sneezy

IBAUK Bouncer
IBA Member
Something along them lines bob, moscow will be my holiday next year, with siteseeing either side of thr rte. so im going to start saving now, by giving my money to marion, that way i cant spend it lol.

michiel kerkhof

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Well to keep it all straight and clear for 2017 I call the theme euro capitals and declare this wil be the june date....Moscow is in Europe....Bob you will stay as the organiser for this ride I'll figure out the other 4...this way we can get as many as possible riders along for the ride I hope!! Oh and Bob you saved me a lot of time A thinking bout a theme for 17 and B sretting it up and organising it!! Thanks ,mate I owe you a beer for that!