The Dam Hard To Say Roundup - OCTOBER 27/28 - 30 Hours - Taree NSW

Put this date aside for a fun 30 hour rally. More details to come, but here’s some basic info.

Register - https://rides.jasonjonas.com/

This rally will be designed for those of you who have never participated in a rally before, with a simple base route if you choose that option. You will even be able to do it with a paper map if you want to. If you choose the other option though, you will be able to join the big guns and go for the bigger points. The base route will require you to complete around 1666km in the 30 hours of the rally and pick up some waypoints along the way. If you complete that you will be a finisher. Of course there will be lots of other waypoints that the big guns will go after and some surprise things to do as well. The rally will have a mass start in Taree NSW on Saturday 27TH OCTOBER at 6am and will finish in Taree NSW at midday on Sunday 28TH OCTOBER. We will have a dinner on Friday 26th October, where the rally packs will be handed out, and presentation of the winners will be on Sunday afternoon. For those who want to stay on the Sunday night and head home Monday, we will organise some kind of get together for Sunday night. There will be a small fee for the rally of around $50 per head for insurances and rally costs. Please give us a show of hands of who might want to give this rally a go. Official instructions will follow soon.

Last edited:
Ok everyone. It would seem that the Davo Memorial Ride is on the weekend of Sept 9 and 9 (our original planned date for this rally). We don’t want to clash with that, so we propose the 27th/28th October 2018 for the rally. Our diary is crazy full, so that's the only date we can organise for this year!

Last edited:

Fatman

Ok everyone. It would seem that the Davo Memorial Ride is on the weekend of Sept 9 and 9 (our original planned date for this rally). We don’t want to clash with that, so we propose the 27th/28th October 2018 for the rally. Our diary is crazy full, so that's the only date we can organise for this year!

Lady Cuddles, I am sure you know but just in case you were not aware, that the 27th and 28th Oct 2018 is the MotoGP at Phillip Island?

So I’m thinking that if we want a rally this year, it’s this weekend or basically none. How many potential ralliers would be contemplating going to the GP at Phillip Island anyway? It’s always too wet and blowy at PI, and plus our boys probably won’t be racing there anyway this year, so it’s not on our agenda.

So the Americans and some of our other overseas Ironbutters are getting into the swing of things to help us all out on how to say these Dam (you know I never spell words incorrectly) Hard Towns To Say. If you’ve watched the Hard Miles DVD, you’ll recognise this lovely lady, who is a legend Iron Butt Finisher from the USA - Lisa Hart Stevens ...... oh dear ... I have a malfunction. How do I drop a video in here that’s mp4?