Starting to plan a 50cc differently

Tep_52

Premier Member
I am starting to plan next year's 50cc. I am thinking about running it from Delaware to san Francisco with a bbg on the first day. Any thoughts on my insanity.

Marc11

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
My 50CC from NY to SF I did a BBG the first day. Wasn't bad at all and that was on a bike with stock fuel capacity, no aux tank.

You can make good time west of Chicago, especially at night.

Tep_52

Premier Member
I've been to Chicago multiple times and I found that once I get west of Pennsylvania I can make really good time therefore I don't think it would be a problem getting to Colorado in the first day.

Greg Rice

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
By "planning" you mean you're waking up on a set day, getting on your bike and going right?
Marc,

My planning is around the date as I have to ride the 500 miles to JAX also I am working on a good start time to avoid as much traffic on my route as possible.

I am also looking at state DOT websites along my route for large scale construction. I like to mark those areas in my GPS with a proximity alert so I know.

I also am working on some other ride timings to see how long the ride will take.

Tep_52

Premier Member
I was thinking about running it in the spring but now realize that I will need a least a ss2000. So now I a thinking about a ss3000 to Joel co and back

I'm planning a west coast to east coast 50cc. How many miles do you guys suggest each day? I'm thinking the most miles I can on day 1, maybe 1300 to 1400.

Greg Rice

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I'm planning a west coast to east coast 50cc. How many miles do you guys suggest each day? I'm thinking the most miles I can on day 1, maybe 1300 to 1400.
What route are you going to ride?

San Diego to Jacksonville is about 2,350 miles and a nice place in the middle is Junction, TX.

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
You might think twice about Houston being a good stopping point.

It's really one of those places you really just want to pass through as quickly as possible.

West Texas is VERY dark at night... :cool:

We were thinking of leaving asst 2200 hrs which would put us in West Texas in the morning. We would be leaving Houston in the middle of the day, no traffic. Idk we are trying to figure out stoppingg points