Has anyone been successful with an electronic submission?

Bill53

Premier Member
For me e-submission makes me crazy. Submitted 17 month ago without any movements or approvals. :confused:
At this point I would suggest you resubmit your documents. Did they accept your payment ? Proof of payment could help find out what happened to your submission.

At this point I would suggest you resubmit your documents. Did they accept your payment ? Proof of payment could help find out what happened to your submission.
Guess there is no sense, receipt confirmation has been received. Payment as advised by Mike only after verification is complete. Foreign application processing likely takes never-ending period)

CB650F

Premier Member
Just to make a record of it, my recent application was routed to the Premier verification team December 1st. I submitted it electronically and got the email confirmation that they received it moments later. It was a simple SS1000 with Spotwalla for route verification, start and finish witnesses, and a Googlemaps map of the route with all of the stops added as waypoints. My ending witness is a local cop who was patrolling the hotel parking lot when I arrived, so I don't think that's going to be questioned. I also included an overview of the trip that talked about how the ride progressed and the stops along the way.

I'll report back when I get the certification in the mail or hear more about it. I suspect a quick processing time since it's not riding season anymore so there probably won't be too many applications to go through. It is the holidays though, so that might slow things down.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
CB650F
It might not be riding season in your neck of the woods but half the rest of the world which does not all involve the USA are out riding...perhaps even as I type.

Im looking forward to reading your ride report. I would rather read about rides than the documentation hassles.
If your rides reps posted can you pop in a link to the storey?
Plenty of pics are good too.
Cheers

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Great mate. Boy now that is a fast response.

And on your first bike. I get that I really get that.
My first long ride was on my first bike too. Maybe a few weeks after getting the "kelpie" (Kelpies are breed of Aussie work dog sort of fitted the bike)

Im reading on but Im hooked on your storey.
Cheers

ScottAL

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Just to make a record of it, my recent application was routed to the Premier verification team December 1st. I submitted it electronically and got the email confirmation that they received it moments later. It was a simple SS1000 with Spotwalla for route verification, start and finish witnesses, and a Googlemaps map of the route with all of the stops added as waypoints. My ending witness is a local cop who was patrolling the hotel parking lot when I arrived, so I don't think that's going to be questioned. I also included an overview of the trip that talked about how the ride progressed and the stops along the way.

I'll report back when I get the certification in the mail or hear more about it. I suspect a quick processing time since it's not riding season anymore so there probably won't be too many applications to go through. It is the holidays though, so that might slow things down.
So you were able to become a premier member prior to first ride certification? That would be news.
This from Ira in Sept.

"Correct. You need to be an IBA member (i.e., you need an IBA member number) before you can become a Premier member.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Associaton"

CB650F

Premier Member
:eek: Rut ro Raggy!

I clicked the upgrade to premier member button thingy and it never asked for an IBA number. Methinks I may have messed something up. I bet Ira can fix it though.

ScottAL

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I don't think you messed anything up. I was just curious if the procedure had been changed. I'm sure your ride will soon be approved and the ride report was a great read. Thanks for taking the time to write it up. As a side note, even with premier membership the time to get a certification back varies. Sometimes it is just a couple of weeks. Right now I've got a 48/10 that's been in for a little over 7 weeks, although that is a lot more complex ride to verify.

XPLSV

Premier Member
I submitted electronically and received an email confirmation that my application was accepted and was in the queue for processing on September 17, 2019. First SS1000 and I am not a premier member (of course). So, about three months at this point...

Bernie

I submitted electronically and received an email confirmation that my application was accepted and was in the queue for processing on September 17, 2019. First SS1000 and I am not a premier member (of course). So, about three months at this point...

Bernie
I was in the exact same situation and got mine at the 4 month mark. They even said the SpotWalla track was very helpful in the verification.

XPLSV

Premier Member
I was in the exact same situation and got mine at the 4 month mark. They even said the SpotWalla track was very helpful in the verification.
When I submitted, I think that due to the ongoing months of the summer riding season, that someone had mentioned the backlog at that time of the year was probably near the peak and to expect at least three months...so I have been expecting at least a three month wait. To hear you took four means I won't get too much on edge about it...plus we are now hitting the holiday season. I used a Garmin Explorer+ on my trip, but had not established a Spotwalla account prior to that, something I will do before the next ride come spring time. Hope to have my initial ride certified by then and register for the Premier membership at that point.

Bernie

HACKLE

XPLSV, your lucky you received a reply email that your application had been received. I sent my last SS1600 application in on 9th. September 2019 for the ride completed 30th. August 2019. No return email saying they received it. Still I wait.

XPLSV

Premier Member
XPLSV, your lucky you received a reply email that your application had been received. I sent my last SS1600 application in on 9th. September 2019 for the ride completed 30th. August 2019. No return email saying they received it. Still I wait.
I think you should have received an automatic reply if it was successfully received, making me wonder if perhaps something happened either to or from with a junk/spam filter? I would check those folders and consider re-submitting or maybe contacting Ira?

CB650F

Premier Member
Just to make a record of it, my recent application was routed to the Premier verification team December 1st. I submitted it electronically and got the email confirmation that they received it moments later.

{snip}

As promised, I'm reporting back. I'm a full time RVer and use a mail forwarding service to get all my mail. On January 5th, I got a notification that I received mail from The Iron Butt Association with a sticker denoting "Certificate of Accomplishment Enclosed, Do Not Fold" on it. Postage shows that it was mailed on January 2nd.

Since I emailed everything in on December 1st, it looks like current processing time is right at one month. That's actually pretty good IMO since this is all done on by volunteers and it's the holidays. Everything happens slowly this time of year. If you've been waiting significantly longer than that, I'd recommend contacting Ira just to make sure your submission was received and is in line. Ira knows everything, right?

Cooper

I think you should have received an automatic reply if it was successfully received, making me wonder if perhaps something happened either to or from with a junk/spam filter? I would check those folders and consider re-submitting or maybe contacting Ira?
For me it doesn't worked out :confused:

Clive Rand

Premier Member
My first e-submission worked a treat, not a premier member at the time, reply came back a bit over a week later confirming the ride certification, I recently became a premier member and I submitted my e-submission and this time it is taking a bit longer, it is in the que I am told, just have to wait it out, I just figure that we are told it can take up to 3 months, so anything sooner is a bit of a bonus for me.