GSA Tank painted

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
I've just had a quote for £1350 for a 30 litre f800 GSA bmw tank and beak painted.
It's not been painted before as it is a Touratech large volume tank. Nevertheless this sounds very expensive and wonder if anyone else has has a similar job done and what it cost.

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
I had the top box lid and one pannier panel of my RT painted for I think it was £300.00
By my neighbors brother in law who does small car damage work for a firm.
£1350n sounds very expensive Jon.
Shop around mate.

JON12A

Premier Member
IBA Member
May get it wrapped but not sure if that is resilient enough ?
What colour Hammerite Gordon?

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
May get it wrapped but not sure if that is resilient enough ?
What colour Hammerite Gordon?
John for an action man like you was thinking of a Khaki / Camouflage scheme. Colours available in smooth finish. You could always blend them.
Hammerite colours.JPG

:)

Last edited:
yep it sounds a lot and is top end of what you'll pay.
remember paint isn't cheap depending on what you get it can be really dear. last time i bought a small tin of blue for a bike it was about £70 add on primer + base coat if it needs it and a lacquer and it all adds up to a couple of hundred.
if you arnt inclined to apply it yourself a small car repair shop can sometimes give a good deal they will have stuff left over from other jobs and it wont take a lot even a 33 litre tank aint that big.

or just buy some cheap aerosols i've seen some reasonable jobs with just them.

JON12A

Premier Member
IBA Member
yep it sounds a lot and is top end of what you'll pay.
remember paint isn't cheap depending on what you get it can be really dear. last time i bought a small tin of blue for a bike it was about £70 add on primer + base coat if it needs it and a lacquer and it all adds up to a couple of hundred.
if you arnt inclined to apply it yourself a small car repair shop can sometimes give a good deal they will have stuff left over from other jobs and it wont take a lot even a 33 litre tank aint that big.

or just buy some cheap aerosols i've seen some reasonable jobs with just them.
If I did it myself I wouldn't be happy with it Im sure.
I think a small car repair shop may be the way to go.