I-E2E Gold Qualifier Ride

The rules state a BBG or approved equivalent as a prerequisite to an Interstate End2End Gold. What would be an approved prerequisite ride? SS2k Gold? Any ride that requires a BBG pace or better? Considering a CCC100 and nesting a SS5k, an eastbound I20 E2E Gold and I10 E2E Gold in it. Wondering if my SS2k Gold and BunBurner Silver will allow for the Gold on the E2E rides or if they will be regular I-E2E rides with the possibility of a BBG nested in there as well.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
A lot of questions in a short post. :)

The BBG requires a pace of 62.5 mph. I would consider any IBA ride requiring at least as long and at at least the same pace would be equivalent.

With regard to nesting all those rides, the basic rule is that if one ride by definition completed within another, we only issue one certificate. Moreover, the rules prohibit counting more than one ride in a nest of rides toward a Mile Eater award. So you can nest rides, but only one counts toward the ME.

I can't really deconstruct how many of your proposed certificates could be nested - for example, you want to nest an SS5K within a 100CCC. How do you do that when an SS5K is a longer ride that the 100CCC? And because one can't complete an I10E2E without completing a 100CCC (where each leg needs to be completed withing 50 hours), we wouldn't issue both certificates. There may be more conflicts revealed with further analysis.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Perhaps nesting "inside" was the incorrect term. Maybe I can elaborate and make a little more sense of my intentions. The plan is over 5000 miles in under 5 days from the start at home until I return home (trips to Myrtle Beach and from Jacksonville Beach). The 100ccc & I10 E2E is similar to the SS1k and BB1500 situation, a 1000CCC isn't completed by doing the I10E2E or vice versa. I understand that the I10E2E and that 50CC leg cn not be both calmed since by doing the I10E2E, a 50CC has been automatically completed as well. So 5000+ miles on entire 5 day trip, go to Myrtle Beach start 100CCC, go thru Florence SC to start I20E2E, go thru Kent TX to finish I10E2E, continue to San Diego to complete 1st half of 100CCC, head north to Santa Monica to start I20E2E, ride back east to Jacksonville Beach to finish both the I10E2E and 100CCC. Possibly complete a BBG on the western end of I10. My major question was that of the qualifying ride, and that you answered, I do not believe that my SS2k Gold would be considered a qualifying ride since it has an average speed of 55.5 mph.

dmcqueeney

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Perhaps nesting "inside" was the incorrect term. Maybe I can elaborate and make a little more sense of my intentions. The plan is over 5000 miles in under 5 days from the start at home until I return home (trips to Myrtle Beach and from Jacksonville Beach). The 100ccc & I10 E2E is similar to the SS1k and BB1500 situation, a 1000CCC isn't completed by doing the I10E2E or vice versa. I understand that the I10E2E and that 50CC leg cn not be both calmed since by doing the I10E2E, a 50CC has been automatically completed as well. So 5000+ miles on entire 5 day trip, go to Myrtle Beach start 100CCC, go thru Florence SC to start I20E2E, go thru Kent TX to finish I10E2E, continue to San Diego to complete 1st half of 100CCC, head north to Santa Monica to start I20E2E, ride back east to Jacksonville Beach to finish both the I10E2E and 100CCC. Possibly complete a BBG on the western end of I10. My major question was that of the qualifying ride, and that you answered, I do not believe that my SS2k Gold would be considered a qualifying ride since it has an average speed of 55.5 mph.
Doug:
I think there are couple of discrepancies in your description (maybe just typos) ...
(1) "go thru Kent TX to finish I10E2E" ... it's the I20E2E that would finish in Kent
(2) "head north to Santa Monica to start I20E2E" ... it's the I10E2E that would start in Santa Monica
... Dave

Doug:
I think there are couple of discrepancies in your description (maybe just typos) ...
(1) "go thru Kent TX to finish I10E2E" ... it's the I20E2E that would finish in Kent
(2) "head north to Santa Monica to start I20E2E" ... it's the I10E2E that would start in Santa Monica
... Dave
Yes, typos.