Problem with Email Confirmation

A

Albert

Here’s the issue I’m having, or had. I’m a new IB rider. IBA # 77376

After having my ride approved and everything I attempted registration here using the email address on my submitted paperwork ([email protected]). Everything went fine until I got to the point of the “email confirmation” step. I never received it and tried multiple times. The confirmation email never arrives and the email address is good AND the email does not go to my spam or junk folder. I tried overat least a week.

So, I gave up and re-registered using another email address and things worked fine ([email protected]). However, I would much rather have my original registration with the gmail address because that is the email address I use all the time.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
Al

S

sardonicus87_2

Is anyone receiving email from ironbutt.org with a gmail address?
I was trying to sign up with my gmail just to register for the forums and I couldn't get the confirmation email to come no matter how many times I resent it. Not in the spam folder or anything, so I made this account just to get access so I could let someone know.

Anyway, I was signing up yesterday because I plan to try to do an IB next year, so I wanted to go ahead and join in case I had any questions when planning or something, couldn't get confirmation email so I looked and found this thread.

The account I tried to sign up with using my Gmail account is: sardonicus87

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I had Mike look into it. It looks like gmail is blocking some of our outgoing email, including Forum registration email confirmations. So, at least for the time being please use a non-gmail account for registering. You can update your email address when the problem is resolved.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
I had Mike look into it. It looks like gmail is blocking some of our outgoing email, including Forum registration email confirmations. So, at least for the time being please use a non-gmail account for registering. You can update your email address when the problem is resolved.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association
Of the three that led to me locking myself out, one was @gmail. The other two were hosted by GoDaddy. Neither of the latter have any filters set (within my control) whatsoever. Perhpas they, too, are being blocked at a deeper level than my access as simple domain owner allows?

A similar issue with GoDaddy hosted addresses over at the K1600 forum led me to change that email to my gmail account. That worked over there and is what led me to trying gmail here.