Last ride for 2020

HACKLE

So you decide to do another SS1600, exactly when you know I can't join you because of my surgery recovery time. Thanks a lot, ex mate. ;);) There again I suppose I should wish you all the best, stay safe, and of course I'll be watching. We best plan one for the start of 2021 when I'm good to go. Cheers.

Fatman

Thanks for watching and your comments guys.

I got home ok around midnight last night well within the time limit, I didn't expect that much rain I think the weather forecast must have changed (or I looked at it cockeyed) from the day before my ride when I last checked it. I had rain for at least 7 hours maybe more which made it a bit more challenging, before the ride I thought I would have an hour or so of rain.
I had to get an unexpected permit to enter SA due to the Sydney Covid outbreak, but the Police manning the border crossing at Pinnaroo were great and made the process very easy.

Eagerly watching from the states Fatman....don't discount the idea of changing your mind mid-ride to turn this into another OZ lap :)
Thanks for watching Dan, it was good to follow part of our lap of Oz ride route from Tailem Bend 875km home.

Jeff the Chef met me at Tailem Bend for a quick chat, thanks Jeff for taking the time out of your busy Lobethal Bierhaus pre Xmas preparations.

Thanks Wingman (Des) for the phone call to check on my progress.

Funny thing on the way home down my least favourite road, I saw a motorbike rider with helmet on, the silhouette of a motorbike behind him could be seen in the street light, with a camera in hand overlooking the Monash Freeway in Melb at the Springvale Rd overpass, as it turns out it was Derrick intercepting me, thanks Derrick I enjoyed the catch up over a coffee at our place. :):)

So you decide to do another SS1600, exactly when you know I can't join you because of my surgery recovery time. Thanks a lot, ex mate. ;);) There again I suppose I should wish you all the best, stay safe, and of course I'll be watching. We best plan one for the start of 2021 when I'm good to go. Cheers.
Oh Hackle, stop whinging, remember you must stay quiet and calm! ;);) But yes I like your plan for a IBA ride in 2021, at least you have heaps of time to arrange a route. :p

I’m stuck in NSW for a while so I reckon I’m pretty safe and things will cool off and LTP will forget my comment soon ;)
I don't thinks so Skidoo, LTP has a very good memory...... :eek:o_O

I didn't take any pics, yes I know I'm slack, I lied in fact I took 1 pic at the small farming town of Cowangie, for those with a motorsport interest, this is where driver Larry Perkins is from and there is a large sign of Larry as you enter town. I sent this to Philmor as we were talking about Larry a few months ago. See Philmor I was thinking of you. :D

Merry Xmas and a happy new year...

Last edited: