Invictus Tour 30th May 2021.

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
Well ladies and gentlemen the Invictus tour has now taken over from the Jorvic Rally and moved to the South East, Sussex and Kent to be precise.
This event is being held on Sunday 30th of May, which is the Spring Bank Holiday.
So Covid permitting why not make a weekend of it.
Just in case you want to book a hotel in the area, again Covid permitting.
The tour will commence at Capel village Hall near Tonbridge in Kent. N51° 10.986' E0° 21.615' see Covid-19 rule below

Background
Iron Butt UK organises three rallies during the year. The 8 hour Invictus Tour in the Spring. The 12 hour Brit Butt Light, held in the summer and the 36 hour Brit Butt Rally in the autumn. This is the seventh running of the 8 hour event, with profits this year going to Myeloma UK. One of the many blood cancer charities. We see this as an opportunity to encourage newcomers with a gentle introduction into our sport while offering everyone a great day's riding around the Sussex and Kent countryside.

Objectives
To provide novice long distance riders a taste of IBA rallying in a relatively quiet area of the country, prior to entering the Brit Butt Rally or certificated rides. Veteran riders can use it as another opportunity to hone their skills without riding the same distances encountered in multi-day rallies.

The tour offers a total of 60 locations spread across the beautiful Kent and Sussex countryside, with the emphasis being on countryside. The bonus locations have all been chosen to avoid built-up areas and major highways to enhance your riding pleasure.

Dates & Times
0900-1700 Sunday, 30th May 2021

Bonus Locations & Rally book
These will be made available to entrants on or before 23rd May 2021.

COVID-19
This rally has not been designed as a Covid-sensitive event, particularly at the start and finish. We are hoping that the Covid environment and regulations will have improved enough to hold this in a more relaxed atmosphere. However should that not prove to be the case we will either make the necessary changes to the Start & finish. or postpone / cancel the tour, in which case a full refund will be offered.

Entry
£20 per rider (£10 pillions) register here.

stevek

Married to the best Cake Maker in the UK
IBA Member
Am I right in thinking a mobile phone is a requirement for this one Winglider?

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
I will have to check with the scorer. I know that it would make scoring quicker if you have a smartphone. let me check and get back to you on that one Steve. This one is in your back yard Steve :)

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
It would be really useful for those that are considering entry to know what bonus submission methods will be accepted or must be used.
I understand WhatsApp was used on the last rally, despite being told it had no benefits in being used for rally submissions.

Last edited:

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
It would be really useful for those that are considering entry to know what bonus submission methods will be accepted or must be used.
I understand WhatsApp was used on the last rally, despite being told it had no benefits in being used for rally submissions.
Smart phones will be allowed. I am checking with Bob what other methods will be suitable.
Please bear with me .
Are you planning on joining us on this Gordon ? :)

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
The short answer is that bonus claim submissions will be made by email to [email protected] using a smartphone or similar device during the tour.. The phone number will be issued at a date nearer to the Tour.

Last edited:

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
Hi Debs looking forward to seeing you both again.
If you bring a nice big lemon drizzle cake to the start it might just make sure you beat the old man. :p:p:p

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
:):)
You might change your mind if my sneaky Rally Bastard plan works.
At least the hedges should be softer than the ones in Devon wasen't it :p:p.

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
Welcome to a further two entrants, Steve Lovick and pillion. Thanks for joining the Invictus Tour, looking forward to meeting you both :p

Safari Ferg

Safari Ferg, President IBA Ireland
Premier Member
I have just signed in (as well as for the 12hr Butt Light).
My cunning plan is to do the Invictus Tour and then overnight in Calais before slipping on down south for the 75th FIM RALLY at Soverato in Italy from 2nd – 5th June 2021, and maybe back through Sardinia and Corsica.

We have to keep on dreaming, if we didn't want to look ahead, we would still be lung-fish in the primaeval swamp, as opposed to just smelling swamp like after a few days serious riding.

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
I have just signed in (as well as for the 12hr Butt Light).
My cunning plan is to do the Invictus Tour and then overnight in Calais before slipping on down south for the 75th FIM RALLY at Soverato in Italy from 2nd – 5th June 2021, and maybe back through Sardinia and Corsica.

We have to keep on dreaming, if we didn't want to look ahead, we would still be lung-fish in the primaeval swamp, as opposed to just smelling swamp like after a few days serious riding.
Sure it's not the 76th? Just had another look they are calling the 2021 Rally the 75th :rolleyes:

1613133477021.png