Part of the family

Andy Whiteley

Premier Member
Hi, been on here a few weeks and did a SS1000 a couple of weekends ago on my Trusty Rusty Explorer after talking about it for a couple of years.
Got home from work last night to a letter waiting for me with my cert' in. (Thanks FazerPhil).
I feel a part of the family and looking forward to meeting up with you all.
What's next.. interested in a good few of the runs.. almost like a kid in a sweet shop. Which one first...
It's looking like a great weekend, hope you all have a great one.
Andy

Andy Whiteley

Premier Member
Thanks.
Yep i have an enforced meeting tomorrow at work and it involves money so being a Yorkie I'll be there lol. Was looking at running down to Peterborough to see a mate if it finishes early enough. Bury will be too far as i can't see me getting out until at least 11am.

Welcome to insanity Andy. Catch you soon. Still undecided if I will make tomorrow's RTE in Bury St Edmunds though, so if not tomorrow sometime soon.

Be lucky, Iain

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
Are you doing the rblr 1000 andy? You will get to meet some of us there.
Here Here. Probably the largest gathering of IBA members in the UK, albeit breifly as they'll be riding off in 5 different directions on the Saturday :D

There's also the Brit Butt Light in July and the Iceni Rally in September too. They test the brain a bit more than certificated rides but are just as fun IMO :)

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Here Here. Probably the largest gathering of IBA members in the UK, albeit breifly as they'll be riding off in 5 different directions on the Saturday :D

There's also the Brit Butt Light in July and the Iceni Rally in September too. They test the brain a bit more than certificated rides but are just as fun IMO :)

Don't forget Mark (FJRPilot) the idea of the Certificate rides is to allow riders to hone their skills at multi-day long distance riding and give confidence in rallying over time and distance...

The BBR Lite is not a full Multi-day ride And the Iceni Rally falls short of an LD day's riding. However the skills, experience and fun part are worth every Mile/k ....

The Brain needs to function just as well after 24, 36, 48 hours and above for LD Rides. It can test the brain just as much as doing the shopping around a city for a day or two ...

I have full respect for all Riders who take up the challenge of an LD ride or 12hr to 11 day rally, the Country, Day, Time of year and bike play a big part to test the will power of the rider.
That's a true test for the individual and not to be questioned but admired for what they have achieved at a personal level .....

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
It must just be me then that finds the RBLR1000 quite stress free compared with the Brit Butt Rally a few weeks earlier. But then again there's not much planning needed for that as it's all done for you :D

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
It must just be me then that finds the RBLR1000 quite stress free compared with the Brit Butt Rally a few weeks earlier. But then again there's not much planning needed for that as it's all done for you :D
Totally agree Mark ...... I feel that the RBLR1000 is an Excellent intro into LD riding from an IBA side with little planning and lot's of information to hand, but not all Certified rides involve pre-set routes, or easy slab bashing with little effort for planning.
To extend yourself distance over time it does require a process that the brain needs to be engaged. so it can test the brain to a degree. 3 to 15 day's have to be planned and executed when RTE's are at set times and involve 1,000 of miles in between + ferries.

On a personal note I'm looking forward to starting my rally training soon as I feel I'm just about ready with my distance over time and fatigue management.

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Your plans sound intruiging ziggy

Nothing too new Sneezy.. I've been doing 3 to 15 day rides now for a few years but have started to incorporate IBA verification on some.
I would like to get to a reasonable rally level in Europe due to the lack of space in the UK, the Euro Tour looks to be one were you can stretch your legs a bit.
A True multi day riding event which requires the rider to manage all areas of LD riding with the rally part to add to the challenge.

All I need to do now is put some practice in .... :)

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
It would be great to see you dangle your toes in to IBA rallying with the Brit Butt Rally in a few weeks time Ziggy. 1500 miles over the two days is not uncommon and it's not all about riding huge distances but more about trying to find and then complete a points efficient route. This adds to the pressure, I mean fun :rolleyes: Especially when your plan goes to pot and you have to adapt and overcome :eek:

I'm sure it would enhance your Eurotour experience. They're probably still accepting entries :)

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
It would be great to see you dangle your toes in to IBA rallying with the Brit Butt Rally in a few weeks time Ziggy. 1500 miles over the two days is not uncommon and it's not all about riding huge distances but more about trying to find and then complete a points efficient route. This adds to the pressure, I mean fun :rolleyes: Especially when your plan goes to pot and you have to adapt and overcome :eek:

I'm sure it would enhance your Eurotour experience. They're probably still accepting entries :)
I do understand Mark that it not all about huge distances and yes the route devised for both points value to the waypoints in the time allowed must be efficient in which to acquire a good score, paperwork attention to detail etc.
By practising skills away from a rally environment has at least prepared myself for some of challenges ahead.

However I still have gaps which I'll be putting in the time on & off the bike over the next few months.

Yes Someday I'll look at the BBR when time permits to ride in it.

GraemeandSally

RBLR 1000
Premier Member
Hi, been on here a few weeks and did a SS1000 a couple of weekends ago on my Trusty Rusty Explorer after talking about it for a couple of years.
Got home from work last night to a letter waiting for me with my cert' in. (Thanks FazerPhil).
I feel a part of the family and looking forward to meeting up with you all.
What's next.. interested in a good few of the runs.. almost like a kid in a sweet shop. Which one first...
It's looking like a great weekend, hope you all have a great one.
Andy
What about the RBLR 1000 on the 11 June and at the same time help raise funds for the poppy appeal ?

What about the RBLR 1000 on the 11 June and at the same time help raise funds for the poppy appeal ?
I'm just looking at the runs and trying to decide which run to do if I do go for it. Just put my name down for the le/jog run on 9th July. I'd like to do the RBLR and would probably go for the northern anticlockwise run. But I need to do a bit of work on the bike first and have another run to southern France planned for late July/August. Fingers crossed

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
It would mostly be as part of the team needed to help sign riders out early Saturday morning and back in again through the night. The more helpers we get the less time people will need to be awake. Either riding or helping, I'm sure you'll have a good time if you can make it :)

It would mostly be as part of the team needed to help sign riders out early Saturday morning and back in again through the night. The more helpers we get the less time people will need to be awake. Either riding or helping, I'm sure you'll have a good time if you can make
Yep i think i might be a helper on this one as the bike isnt running how it should.. but if i get a chance to go....
Whats the deadline to sign up for the run?

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
Yep i think i might be a helper on this one as the bike isnt running how it should.. but if i get a chance to go....
Whats the deadline to sign up for the run?
I'm not aware that Phil has set a cut-off yet but I'm guessing he'll want to close the doors at least a few days before or maybe a week. Due to printing certificates etc.