First IBR awaiting approval

Thanks for the add. I've always talked about doing an IBR, and finally got around to it. I have aquestion about getting the ride approved. How long does it take to get your ride certified with the electronic online submission. I did a SS1000 in June 2020 and applied online and have yet to receive any notice. I wonder if it got lost in the system. Who might I contact to find out . I know everything is volunteer and I'm glad you guys are here.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Did you receive an automated reply that it had been received? If so, you're probably fine, but are getting to the outside of the normal window for verification. They get a LOT of rides in the summer months, as you can imagine, so sometimes the verification teams have quite a backlog.

Just an FYI, while I suspect you are using IBR for Iron Butt Ride, that is more commonly used to refer to the Iron Butt Rally, a.k.a. The Big Dance, so you might want to clarify that you finally did that Certificate ride that you've been wanting to do! And congrats on making that happen. I hope you enjoyed the ride and process.

I understand the waiting anxiety. I myself did a SS1K, back in Sept '20, and am also waiting to see if it gets approved. :) @Ira is the most active official IBA person on the forum that might be able to shed light on your cert. @Howard Entman also does an amazing amount of work on certifications.

Fyi, I completed my first IB, a SS1000 on Sep. 6 and submitted it electronically on Sep. 9. I receive notification that my ride was certified on Dec. 19. I followed up with payment for the Full Package and awaiting the goodies in the mail.

I suspect you will hear soon, Bluelitenin. As EricV mentioned @Ira does an overwhelming service for us here.

Did you receive an automated reply that it had been received? If so, you're probably fine, but are getting to the outside of the normal window for verification. They get a LOT of rides in the summer months, as you can imagine, so sometimes the verification teams have quite a backlog.

Just an FYI, while I suspect you are using IBR for Iron Butt Ride, that is more commonly used to refer to the Iron Butt Rally, a.k.a. The Big Dance, so you might want to clarify that you finally did that Certificate ride that you've been wanting to do! And congrats on making that happen. I hope you enjoyed the ride and process.

I understand the waiting anxiety. I myself did a SS1K, back in Sept '20, and am also waiting to see if it gets approved. :) @Ira is the most active official IBA person on the forum that might be able to shed light on your cert. @Howard Entman also does an amazing amount of work on certifications.
Thanks for the reply. Yes it was a Iron but ride, not a rally. I knew going in that the process took months because of the high summer volume, plus Covid may have increased that number. I just wanted to make sure it didn't get lost in the electronic world. The experience was great. We didn't do it the quick way, all highway. We did a lot of two lane twisty back roads including the Tail of the Dragon. It was definitely difficult the last few hours. This summer we are going to ride out to Laguna Seca in Monterey California to watch the suberbike races. This trip will be nearing the 6,000 mile mark and I thought this forum would be a good source of info for any questions that arise. Thanks again for your reply.

I completed my ride for a butt burner silver 1500 in 30 hours and SS 100 in 24 hours back on 25th October. I submitted my online forms and details on the 26th. I have not yet heard anything yet and I am patiently waiting.

mkneebone

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I completed my ride for a butt burner silver 1500 in 30 hours and SS 100 in 24 hours back on 25th October. I submitted my online forms and details on the 26th. I have not yet heard anything yet and I am patiently waiting.
We have sent a couple of emails , your ride is set BUT we need a larger copy of your ride log for a few details off of it, when you embedded it, it is to small to read. The fee schedule page is also hard to read - I think we can guess at some of that but if you can clarrify. Please send to [email protected]

Mike

We have sent a couple of emails , your ride is set BUT we need a larger copy of your ride log for a few details off of it, when you embedded it, it is to small to read. The fee schedule page is also hard to read - I think we can guess at some of that but if you can clarrify. Please send to [email protected]

Mike
Thanks, I just saw this. I didn't get the email in my inbox. I will check my junk folder and supply the info requested. Thanks again!

Hi Michael, I submitted my request for the Saddlesore 1600 certification last year 2019-09-22 from Santana Riderz Malaysia.
Been trying to email you and the IBA team to get an update but no reply from anyone. Is it completed? Do you need anything else? You did reply to my email once and told me its ready to be issued on 10th July but no email received until now and neither any proper reply to my emails. The only reply that I receive in a blue moon is a one liner, "mike is aware of your request" and that's it with no further details given. I'm not sure how else to follow up since I've also been removed from the FB page for asking this same valid question.

Pls advice the submission status. Thanks