RBLR 1000 2022

JohnR

Mr. QR code
IBA Member
Booked and paid up.
North anticlockwise as we've done the other three 1000 rides.
Saving the 2nd best for last, make sure you leave the Fort William checkpoint with sufficient time to reach Glasgow in day light, else take the Glasgow/Loch Lomond bypass route of A82, A85, A84, M9, M80 to the M73

Hi guys, I'm going to be signing up this year to do the north 1000. Someone told me there is a way to setup a just giving account for this, does anyone have a walk through?

thanks in advance.

Firstpeke

So here I am, a couple of weeks or so away from off to Norway and I am strangely drawn to this event....

Oh well. might as well get on and book, I can put my new tyres on after the RBLR....

North clockwise it is then, just need to decide on B&B or tent...... anyone know if the camping (no hookup) and showers are any good at Squires?

Edit: Booked and hopefully camping at Squires.....

Last edited:

Firstpeke

I would err towards a B&B get a good nights sleep before you go.
I have done John, I was struggling to find somewhere that didn't want me to take out a second mortgage for a couple of nights......

Got a bed now about 8 miles away!

My wife was most insistent about me not camping, apparently I am too old to be faffing about with tents and stuff.....

Imagine all us old folk riding our motorbikes for 1000 miles plus in a day..... how dare we do such "stuff"....

JohnR

Mr. QR code
IBA Member
On the weather front its looking like 40% chance of rain on 60% of the northern route but its not all doom and gloom, camping at Squires should be a dry weekend for the rufty tufty boys and girls.

JohnR

Mr. QR code
IBA Member
I'm wondering if a petrol receipt from Tesco in Bolton BL6 6JS (///simply.blog.stream) would meet the requirement for a Bolton Corner receipt? It would certainly be less crowded.

My A plan is to leave Squires with a full tank which means I only need to take on 6L at Rivington to make it to the Lesmahagow Tesco at M74J10 - top tip the Lesmahagow Tesco pumps (174 miles from Rivington) are 14 miles past Abington Services and closer to the M74

Sean

Premier Member
I'm wondering if a petrol receipt from Tesco in Bolton BL6 6JS (///simply.blog.stream) would meet the requirement for a Bolton Corner receipt? It would certainly be less crowded.

My A plan is to leave Squires with a full tank which means I only need to take on 6L at Rivington to make it to the Lesmahagow Tesco at M74J10 - top tip the Lesmahagow Tesco pumps (174 miles from Rivington) are 14 miles past Abington Services and closer to the M74
i would suggest No, unless you stop at Rivington for a receipt for something else, the Routes are Pre Approved so must have receipts from the stipulated receipt points to Qualify.

Firstpeke

The time taken to go off route to fill up and save a couple of quid a tank is not worth it if it means the verification is going to take longer AND if it means that you then get put under pressure to get to the end on time.....

For me that means unless the alternate is less than a few hundred yards away, or a short loop of the route, then the few quid saved makes it a non starter to go for that option....

In this instance the route guide and receipt requirements are quite specific so I will be sticking to them to keep everything simple and straightforward for the verifier!

I had an engine management light come up on the bike last weekend, this meant a frantic call to the dealer on Monday morning...
Of course I suspected it was a low voltage moment on the RT during starting, despite the battery being having been charged with the maintenance charger...... and sure enough a quick check on the computer and a reset of the light cleared the issue..... but there is nothing more frustrating days before and IBA event and my tour to Norway the following week than the bike throwing up a possible issue.....
Modern bikes with computers and electronic everything are more susceptible to issues with low voltage moments on the battery, even if the battery is fine it doesn't stop a transient low voltage during starting causing this sort of thing.

Last edited: