Winter Solstice ride plan

ACTCapo

I missed the Autumn Equinox due to work commitments, so that will have to wait till 2023. I’m scratching my head to come up with a suitable winter route, something easy, mainly highway so it’s as quick as possible.

Engonia looks to be about the right distance; any advice on the roads up that way (Via Forbes/Nyngan/Bourke)?

Thanks in advance.

tj189

Premier Member
I missed the Autumn Equinox due to work commitments, so that will have to wait till 2023. I’m scratching my head to come up with a suitable winter route, something easy, mainly highway so it’s as quick as possible.

Engonia looks to be about the right distance; any advice on the roads up that way (Via Forbes/Nyngan/Bourke)?

Thanks in advance.
coffs harbour and return

Vlad

Premier Member
I rode down Anzac weekend, hit the M1 at Urunga, gassed at Kempsey and didn’t put my foot down till my front gate. No road works, not a lot of traffic either. The west is a different story, rode 1650k on Sunday via Gunnedah , Goondiwindi ,Tenterfield and then the New England. Lots of average road and pot holes and damaged road surface. Cold in the mountains but you expect that this time of year.
Take your adventure bike, your spine won’t be as short when you get home.
:)