IBA Australia Inaugural Muster

Tele

Premier Member
I will be a withdrawal from this event.

Completely my fault. I only gave the waiver a cursory glance when signing it, and I hadn't really had a chance to participate in any forum discussions for quite a number of months. Logged on for the first time this morning, and caught up with some of the discussions. I've now re-read the waiver and cannot, as a matter of principal, reconcile myself with signing away my rights for somebody else's negligence. I'm pretty sure that would be overridden by legislation under Health and Safety, and implied duty of care, but I could be wrong.

I don't expect anything to go wrong, but there's no way I will condone telling the owner of a venue that I absolve them of any negligence.

What's done is done. I can't unsign the waiver. I won't be asking for my money back. I simply will not be attending Parkes.

Sorry, folks.
I must say MT, I had exactly the same discussion with my wife re the 'waiver' and the references to the Venue. Absolving the IBA team for my travel to and from the event was a no brainer ..... that's my call, responsibility and skill all the way. But I do have an expectation that the Venue managers will hold responsibility for the structural integrity and organisation of the venue. If the ceiling collapses whilst I am inside, you can be certain that I would hold them responsible and accountable. I truly admire your integrity in not signing this. :). Just sad that this situation has arisen to shadow what otherwise will be a cold and happy weekend!

Tele

Premier Member
What time do you guys plan to arrive on Saturday??
My ride plan has a Google time of about 18.5 hrs for the SS1600. Add a few hours for fuel\comfort stops and I'm figuring on 21 hours. Aim to leave home targeting an arrival in Parkes by about 10:00am Saturday.

That said, I've only just realised that Friday 01 July is the start of the School holidays in NSW. I was heading north along the Pacific Highway for the first leg of my trip. I'm now thinking that any additional holiday traffic in the afternoon and evening of 01 July may frustrate my ride plan. I have a week to ponder .........

My ride plan has a Google time of about 18.5 hrs for the SS1600. Add a few hours for fuel\comfort stops and I'm figuring on 21 hours. Aim to leave home targeting an arrival in Parkes by about 10:00am Saturday.

That said, I've only just realised that Friday 01 July is the start of the School holidays in NSW. I was heading north along the Pacific Highway for the first leg of my trip. I'm now thinking that any additional holiday traffic in the afternoon and evening of 01 July may frustrate my ride plan. I have a week to ponder .........
Hmm yes I wondered about that as I'm taking the main track down but hope to miss the crowds heading south of Brissy if I get away at around 2 to 3pm. ETA 11am ish Need to check up on the roadworks that are on too.

Hypothermia is going to be the real issue for a soft QueeNZlander like me tho ....

upload_2016-6-24_12-52-47.png

Attachments

Crappy

Premier Member
Next time Henk.
Fair weather and tail winds to you in the states Martin.

Wow 60 odd Iron Butt rides at the same time .
Getting close ......getting cold .... don't know why but I'm getting excited about getting cold.
Hey TJ what are we mustering ...........cattle, sheep , horses ?

Don't give a s**t about the waiver, signed and ready to go. My problem is the physical ability to do this ride. I would give an arm or leg to at least attempt the ride. To get on the bike and know you have a good chance to finish is my dream. I can't do that. If everything works I am good, but it is a lottery.
I have kept out of the discussion about waivers, but really guys be thankful you all have the ability to do this.
Forget about the paperwork, just do it and enjoy.
Lying on the lounge with only the energy to just get to work and go through the motions is my goal.
Please all do the ride, let Davos dream come to fruition and let this Aus IBA group grow without the acrimony of other forums.
To add to this, it really hurts to not be able to even attempt the ride, dangerous for me, in my mind I can do it, in my body totally unable. I really don't care about the paperwork as I know there is a need to cover yourself. Please do not nit pick the wording, this can be sorted in the future. The future of Aus IBA is looking good, make it happen.

Last edited:

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Sad to see your out of this one Henk.
Didnt know you had been in and Im reading posts of you being out so this must be carry over from another thread maybe maybe ?
Good to see the tripod out and about mate. Cheers til next time.

kwaka

Premier Member
Well said Sarge!
To Sarge, Henk and those that can't make the muster, for whatever reason, hope to see you at a meet, on the road, at a muster somewhere, sometime sooner rather than later.

"The journey of a thousand miles starts with a full tank and a brimming smile!" and you can quote me on that.

Daisy

Premier Member
... but really guys be thankful you all have the ability to do this.
Forget about the paperwork, just do it and enjoy.
Having recently been a bee's dick away from never being able to walk, much less ride, I am indeed thankful that I still have the ability.
I don't generally broadcast my personal issues to the world, but trust me when I say forgetting about the paperwork isn't going to happen.
Whether I enjoy it, or it remains more of a chore that I have committed to see through is yet to be seen.