Brit Butt Light VIII - 2016 - Dragonchaser - 23rd July 2016

Rick UK

Brit Butt Light Rally Master
Premier Member
IBA Member
Have sent my entry, cash on the day is fine.
Gerald
Entry received.
Will drop you an e-mail from BBL tomorrow with details of accommodation, etc.

Now back to finalising the points..............

Rick

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
I'm going to try running a Spotwalla location page for this event. This is a single map showing the last known location of the riders but without tracks or other moving info.

Please volunteer for inclusion below. (I'm not sure yet what the exact mechanism for setup is but I will do soon)

Fair enough :)

Probably another noob question, but how will you be calculating the milage? Do you put my bonus locations into gmaps for example?

Rick UK

Premier Member
IBA Member
Fair enough :)

Probably another noob question, but how will you be calculating the milage? Do you put my bonus locations into gmaps for example?
Odometer readings at start and finish. Scoring software does the rest :)

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Hi Rick,

Afraid I'm out, off to Heathrow on the 23rd, brother flying in from California, please use entry fee for your charity...looks like it's going to be a fun Rally.
Ride safe everyone.
Kim

Rick UK

Premier Member
IBA Member
Hi Rick,

Afraid I'm out, off to Heathrow on the 23rd, brother flying in from California, please use entry fee for your charity...looks like it's going to be a fun Rally.
Ride safe everyone.
Kim
Sorry to hear you are out of the rally, but enjoy your brother's visit.
Rick

Rick UK

Premier Member
IBA Member
just the Dragon bonus thing to clear up now is it an actual dragon in the picture or just the word dragon or ref to dragons in the book ??????????
Hopefully, now you've had a look at your e-mail, you're sorted?!?

I've been looking at the book for 6 months, so what seems obvious to me may not be to anyone else!

Rick

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Spotwalla location page is at https://spotwalla.com/locationViewer.php?id=360

When it's active, this Saturday, it'll show the last known position of any users who've signed up for it which you can do by clicking here, filling out the form then running a SPOT or similar on the day.

The form will ask you for the join password which is ibauk; which of your devices you'll be using on the day; a 'location id' (Your name or initials or rally # or whatever) and which types of message (OK, help, tracking, custom) you wish to have included.

Hopefully many entrants will do this and it'll make for a lively overview of the rally. I'll post a link to it on the front page of ironbutt.co.uk during the rally.

came up with a route fairly quickly for me, but not the max points, then have spent the following evening trying to get the route onto my new garmin even tried base camp. what I think should be easy seems ever so difficult or pretty impossible. Not sure I'm getting on to well with this new toy thankfully tomtom just seems to work.

this garmin could be a real challenge