Recent content by Garage Monster

1. Garage Monster

Matt Wise - 45,000 miles - 45 Days

After my 50CC last year I can only imagine, having read your report help, what 45 in 45 is like. You are truly an iron Butt.
  2. Garage Monster

New Member 2014 BusaWing

All of my early rides (SS1000) were on my Hayabusa. Bigger screen, Heli bars, lowered pegs and a custom seat. I had added electronic cruise control and miles were not a problem. Great machine. When I say early rides they were all after turning 60.
  3. Garage Monster

What to eat night before Saddle Sore 1000

I have done several SS1000 rides and last spring did the 50CC. I don't eat anything special the night before and eat lightly while riding. During the SS1000 I always stop for one meal during the day and spend 20 -30 minutes eating and relaxing, then back on the bike. Just enjoy what you eat and...
  4. Garage Monster

A Leatherneck and an Iron Butt (a Marine attempt at the Iron Butt Association 48 Plus/10 aka 49/10

I just read your entire post for the second time. So detailed it id hard to take it all in. Did want to make a correction at the beginning. The two mountains in Colorado are the highest mountains with a road to ride to the top. The highest point in the lower 48 states is still Mount Whitney in...
  5. Garage Monster

My 50CC report and Semi-Truck Abducting Aliens

Nice report. I too have been fooled by the pass East of San Diego even during what is considered a summer month. Froze my butt off and a few hours later as I entered AZ I was sweating like a pig.
  6. Garage Monster

How to edit my post

Thanks guys. I have tried every suggestion made including the requirement to be logged in and I cannot find the edit link. I will try using Chrome and see if that makes a difference. Robert
  7. Garage Monster

How to edit my post

Here is a screen shot of the bottom of my original post.
  8. Garage Monster

How to edit my post

I just logged in with Chrome and no difference. I am going to my post and have looked at the bottom of the post and also the very bottom of the thread and nothing.
  9. Garage Monster

How to edit my post

IE Explorer and yes, I checked that I am signed in. I will give Chrome a try.
  10. Garage Monster

How to edit my post

NO menu, no edit, no three dots. I am stumped and this is on a desk top PC.
  11. Garage Monster

How to edit my post

In the left bottom corner of what page?I looked all around my posting and I see nothing like you described.
  12. Garage Monster

Long Distance Endurance Motorcycling - 48 State Challenge!

Excellent write up. Thanks for all the information.
  13. Garage Monster

How to edit my post

I have a long post that I did with cut and paste and some spaces between words disappeared. How can I go back and fix that? Also I put a picture in another post and it appears twice. How can I fix that?
  14. Garage Monster

My 50CC. I did it.

Sorry my picture appeared twice. Google Maps...
  15. Garage Monster

My 50CC. I did it.

I have a 48 in 10 ride mapped out also. Hopefully next year. Your avatar reminds me a trip and picture I took.