C3pro and Neotec helmets

Morrissey

I'm in the market for a new helmet and have narrowed my search down to the Schuberth C3pro and the Shoei Neotec. I'm looking at these two specifically as they are both ranked as the #1 and #2 helmets for quietness which is very important to me. Wind noise drives me crazy. I also love that they are both modular and have built in sun shades - no more swapping visors and dawn/dusk!

I currently have a Shoei TZR helmet. I've been very satisfied with it's fit and comfort but it is a loud helmet. I can easily try on the Neotec and a large retailer on my way to work, but the Schuberth is another story. The nearest shop is at least 40 min passed my work, which is already 1hr away. Also the shop that carries the Schuberth helmets is in the heart of the city and I don't want to head down after work and get stuck in the horrendous traffic coming back.

I will be trying on the Shoei Saturday after work. As for the Schuberth, my plan is to order the helmet from Fort9. They are the biggest Canadian online retailer so I won't have to worry about import duties etc. They also have free shipping on orders over $49, returns are just $7 for the shipping label and have no restocking fees on everything except tires. Their website says they will take returns on helmets provided they have all the original tags, stickers etc on them. So I figure I can order one, try it on in the living room and see if it fits in the comfort of my own home and even if it doesn't fit it will still cost 1/3 of the cost just in fuel for one trip to the Toronto shop to try one on.

Anyone here have either of these helmets? How have you found them specifically speaking to quietness, comfort and the effectiveness of the sun visors.

I have the C3Pro and I find it to be very quiet and comfortable. The sun visor is great for me, but my wife wants me to add a darker layer to hers. The clear visor plastic is fairly soft and scratches easily, but is widely available and easy to change. One issue I have is that neither Sena 20S nor Harley Davidson wired intercoms/microphones will clamp to the rim. I had to apply double stick foam tape and it works, but it's not the best solution. If I tape to the left side, I have problems getting to the visor slide, so I'm trying it out on the right side to see if it works out there.
A friend and I take a ride 5000-10,000 mile vacation ride year and He wears the Neotec and loves it. The visor mechanism is higher up on the side of the helmet and his com unit clamps on without a problem and does not interfere with with the slide.
In my opinion, the helmets perform similarly. The difference will be in how it fits your head, more oval or more round.

Tulsa

Smath

Premier Member
I'd be interested in hearing how your search is going. My wife has the C3 Pro - Woman's version and loves it. It's a bit tight in the cheeks but getting better. I went to Revzilla in Philadelphia and tried on both the C3 Pro and Neotech. There was no way I was going to be able to wear the C3 Pro, regardless of how much I wanted to. The shape was far too round, and I was coming from an Arai Signet Q which is a long oval. The Neotech was a much better fit. I've since done two SS1Ks with the Neotech and love it. The cheek pads are so tight that I need to refrain from eating with the helmet on, else suffer chewed up cheeks. I think it's a bit more quiet than my Arai but I also wear earplugs most of the time. The internal sun shade is a nice plus as well - both my wife and I think they work well in our respective helmets.

I use a Neotec and like it. I tried on the C3Pro but ended up going with the Neotec because it felt slightly more comfortable to me. I've had it two years now and have had no problems. I still notice wind noise, but a set of custom molded ear phones solved that problem. They are very comfortable and allow me to hear music at a much lower volume level. I never ride without them. That said...I've never heard much negative about the C3Pro, so you probably can't go wrong either way.

https://www.plugup.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=ES22-3.5-4.5

Last edited:

ravenranger

22798 now 580
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I've loved Shoei's for a long time but didn't like the Neotec. I found that the integrated sunshield rattled and the air circulation was pretty poor. I ended up shelving mine and buying a Lazer helmet with the photochromic shield and haven't looked back.