"ACT Insanity" Ride Planned (June)

LTP and I just arrived home after spending the night at Hackles, thanks Hackle for putting up with us for the night.

A big thank you to Olly for organising this ride and all the helpers who stood out in the cold waiting for us to arrive to sign our paperwork for each lap.

It was a challenging ride with traffic lights, cars, roundabouts, show traffic to contend with, speed cameras and what seemed to be about 10000 gear changes however we rode at a pace to ensure we could make it to the end.

Thanks for thinking of us Chicky.
So Mick, this is what riding a rally in Europe is like, multiplied by the number of days.. I did say it feels like being in a 6 day traffic jam.

Skidoo

Premier Member
Congratulations to all the finishers and thanks to all helpers. I appreciated the texts and best wishes guys.

Unfortunately I can't remember exactly what happened however there may have been another vehicle involved. I was very lucky; unconscious on roadway for some time and transported with a fractured rib and minor head injury. All good or should be in a few weeks? pleased to say it was the 'old S10'.

This is an amazing group of motorcyclists, like I've not seen before. I'm so proud to be just be a part of it.
Ollie, bloody brilliant for the organisation, and a pleasure to ride with.
The start shift, why did you do it? Thanks!
The middle shift. Thanks! Lots of names I've forgotten.
The late night shift of Bill and Lionel, great to see you there. Thanks!
The other riders, well, they behaved well, as far as I could tell.
It was great to ride a lap or two with some of you.

I noticed at the end of the ride, I'd 2 hours 30+ minutes of stop time. The warm pizza, and coffee was the majority of that. I just could not pass a pizza. Thanks to the unknown for that.

Russell gave me a base to sleep, thanks.
Nev and Ed thanks for the images.

Had a chuckle, at the Dave's Brewery Tours van tootling along on William Hovell Drive, when a hand pops out the window, and gives a little wave, as I'm overtaking. It was one of our checkpoint vollies going home.

The breakfast was the icing on the cake. Great to see so many rider and officials there. Even the non starter, Karl called in to share his wounded company. Thanks Skidoo, heal fast, there will be another one soon, enough.

Thanks for the support from my wife Marls. I think she might be interested in doing a few laps too.

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Congratulations to all the finishers and thanks to all helpers. I appreciated the texts and best wishes guys.

Unfortunately I can't remember exactly what happened however there may have been another vehicle involved. I was very lucky; unconscious on roadway for some time and transported with a fractured rib and minor head injury. All good or should be in a few weeks? pleased to say it was the 'old S10'.
Great to hear you're on the mend Karl!

Olaf Moon

"And I think to myself...."
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
As a rider in the 'ACT Insanity' yesterday I'd like to acknowledge and thank the witnesses. Without you kind folks huddled at a petrol station in Canberra in winter we wouldn't be able to ride around in circles and have our ride certified. There's always a danger in listing people, because I don't want to leave anyone out. If I have, could someone add them please? There were a couple of others I saw that I didn't get to speak to because I needed to get back on the road.

So a big thank you to:
  • Sheryle
  • Sian
  • Nev
  • Kiwi Martin
  • Ed.
  • Bill aka IBA-Tiger
  • Lionel (who kindly put his caravan at the petrol station for the other witnesses)
  • Shane aka ACT-Capo
  • John Sullivan (who signed my form but I'd not met before)
  • Anyone else?
And who could forget Olaf who organised the ride. Thanks Olly. Well planned, organised and ridden.

It was a different, certainly not a plain vanilla SS1600k. Well done everyone!

Olaf Moon

"And I think to myself...."
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
IT was a pleasure Simon. John Sullivan bought the pizzas and delivered them, in the nick of time. John is Sian Moon's partner (my daughter). He is a quiet type but was there for about four hours. I thought I might get a second piece of pizza on the second lap, but that was very wishful thinking!

Farkleit

Premier Member

hope u on the mend Karl hope the bikes ok as well

Rusjel

Premier Member
O.k, I suck at surfing the IBA website. Can anyone tell me what the fee schedule is for certifying this little adventure of ours?

Thanks in advance

tj189

Premier Member
I will get back to you when i get home

O.k, I suck at surfing the IBA website. Can anyone tell me what the fee schedule is for certifying this little adventure of ours?

Thanks in advance
Russel, use the pricing for the SS1600k which is US dollars $40

Last edited:

tj189

Premier Member
Shane
I have 21 names of people who want to ride next time. But most want it to be just an IBA event, not more. Happy to talk to you off-line about that.
Olly
Maybe worthwhile contacting IBA Australia. The last route was approved for that ride, further attempts still require to go through the process outlined on our web page