Welcome to the IBA Australia forum

Howdy all. I completed my 1st SS1000 last Dec. Fairly straight forward ride 820 ks one way and return. Now planning for the Memorial ride to Wilmington SA, departing Geelong Vic then tracking via Griffith NSW - Mildura - Broken Hill and through to Wilmington.
I ride a 2015 BMW R1200RS and enjoy the challenge of long rides.
I hope to catch up with some of you in Wilmington.
Stay safe

Alf

Welcome Ijcoolio, nothing wrong with a midlife crisis, I have one every few months :)
Appologies for slightly late reply! I completed the ride in October from cooma to Rockhampton in just over 21 hours. I passed through your town in the middle of the night. God that road road around molong to wellington was full of wildlife around 2am I couldn't go over 80 kms as they were bouncing and crawling into my path from all directions. It was certainly character building and then I hit the newell with heaps of v-doubles. The road surfaces got worse the further north I headed which left me a bit battered bumping along on the diavel. But I made it and then turned around and came back avoiding the temptation of the coast through central qld and the isis highway etc. It was a great experience if anyone is looking for a long ride (4000km in 5days).

Fransvdm

Premier Member
Appologies for slightly late reply! I completed the ride in October from cooma to Rockhampton in just over 21 hours. I passed through your town in the middle of the night. God that road road around molong to wellington was full of wildlife around 2am I couldn't go over 80 kms as they were bouncing and crawling into my path from all directions. It was certainly character building and then I hit the newell with heaps of v-doubles. The road surfaces got worse the further north I headed which left me a bit battered bumping along on the diavel. But I made it and then turned around and came back avoiding the temptation of the coast through central qld and the isis highway etc. It was a great experience if anyone is looking for a long ride (4000km in 5days).
Congratulations on completion of the ride. You should aim to do that long ride (4,000 km) in 2 days.....

Skidoo

Premier Member
Great stuff, wildlife, yep the buggars are everywhere!!! Well done again with your ride.

Hi All. Newbie to Iron Butt here.I ride a 2013 WC GS 1200. Looking forward to doing my first Saddlesore 1000 next week.
My planned ride is Leaving Roseville Sydney 3:00am heading north up freeway then west to fuel at Denman onto Dubbo then St George and Dalby and finishing on Gold Coast. Longest leg is 355kms so no stress re fuel. Shitty weather forecast just to keep it interesting. Any advice/pointers welcome. Cheers Crispin.

Tele

Premier Member
Welcome Chips ! Best wishes for your introductory ride. I hope all goes well. Most of all, have fun doing it!
If you are coming as far as the end of the M1 (west Newcastle) then be sure to get a corner docket to show you came this way. (An alternate route via Kulnura and Wollombi may be your preferred option?)