Centenary of Armistice - 2018 Ride

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
"- Ride must be completed between 09:00am and 10:00am local time on the 11th November 2018"
So for those of us planning on attending Canberra. At what place are we to meet up?
At what event are we attending?
I am wondering about the requirement to complete the ride between 09:00am and 10:00am . Surely finishing the ride on the 11th without a time constraint would be better suited to then allow riders to attend events local or in the ACT without a time clash.
From my own perspective my rides generally start between 03:00 and 04:30 as is my plan as it currently stands. That would see me finished up in the small hours on the 11th rested and ready for a full days activity's and able to attend any early events.
Could you guys please consider the finish time window?

Oh... my route for interest as it is just now.
https://goo.gl/maps/5mDyEX2KAtR2

hagar

Premier Member
Gates, a fair amount of thought and time went into this ride, as you may remember. The whole purpose is to respect the end of hostilities in 1918, if you can not fulfill the requirements of our ride, please contact one of us.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Ok.
Ill go and re read the topic and work out what ive missed regards a meeting point and event as there seems to be a few.
No disrespect intended in my post.

kwaka

Premier Member
Centenary of Armistice 2018

On the 11th November 2018, we are arranging a 'one off' ride. This will be to celebrate the, 'Centenary of Armistice'.

General:
The ride may be completed anywhere in Australia. We are having a contingent of riders arriving in Canberra with the plan of attending the, 'Remembrance Day National Ceremony'. Following, we will be meeting for fellowship and dinner. A venue is still being arranged.
<snip />
Okey dokey, "...completed anywhere in Australia." is absolutely fantastic as I seriously doubt I/we can make it to the nation's capital to part of said contingent.

Consider me and Liz in for this very special ride.

Skidoo

Premier Member
This is a once in a lifetime ride. We will never have another opportunity of participating in it. It's a very special ride reflecting a very special date!

This ride was created allowing most riders in Australia to participate with only a couple of days riding from home. The reason for a, 09:00-10:00 (local time) check-in, allows riders meeting in Canberra to gather and make their way to the War Memorial by 11:00. Later that afternoon many will be heading to Yass for the night to share a tale or two.

I appreciate that achieving the requirements to successfully complete the ride may encompass substantial distances and 'creative thinking'. Hey, isn't that what we're about; research, planning, riding and overcoming adversity! Recently I completed a transport leg of almost 2,500 kilometres to get to the starting point

Note:
- No pre-registration is required for this ride
- Riders can decide to attempt the ride at any time as long as it is completed in the prescribed window
- Usual IBA certification will apply
- If you would like a 'one off' patch, this will have to be paid for before the ride allowing pricing and manufacturer of same. I will advise at a later date the cut off date.

It looks like many riders have already planned their route, AWSOME and looking forward to catching up with as many riders as I can.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Boy oh boy did my post go oven so wrong? Post #46.
Ive not one jot of an issue with the relevance of Armistice. Im very much personally aware of the relevance of a change in state of " and at war" to Not At War. I do personally understand that relevance. Im very sure a few others in this group do too.
I've no damn problem with a start location and the pissy miles to ride to achieve this ride for me on my plan.
Ive posted a route even. Its not a large ride for me personally. Its a smart ride after a couple of not successful rides. Gee dont we prescribe smart planning? for good riding?
No problem with a huge gaunt to a start location.even. I dont have to go two and a half thousand K's to start the ride.
Ive planned well to achieve the distance and the unique goals. I just asked about the business with the check in time window.
But Ive re read the OP and Ive worked out the puzzle and my ride complies and Ive adapted even " the creative thinking" and persevered and
as far as I can see at this time achieved the parameters.
I now understand the 09:00 to 10:00am thing. Thanks Karl for clarifying that in post #51

I did try to call Karl in the last few hours. Ive not called Allen because I do suspect he is on shift and currently on a rest period which I respect.
Im going with my start time, my route and what the hours might bring. Patches and paperwork will take care of themselves. 11th November 2018 will come and go. Its relevance is not lost on me.

Skidoo

Premier Member
OK guys, the ride is fast approaching.

Anyone intending to attempt the ride and wishing to obtain a specific patch for the ride may apply subject to the following:
- Rules for the ride as previously discussed
- The patch will be custom manufactured at $7 each including postage
- Patch will be forward following successful completion of ride only
- Payment is to be made via PayPal to; [email protected] clearly indicating, your name, address and No patches required by 15/08/2018
- Patch/s will not be issues for non-successful completion of ride
- Ride can be completed without pre-purchasing patch and you may decide to attempt the ride on the actual day (adhering to ride rules) and still obtain a certificate specific to the ride
- At successful completion of ride- normal ride submission process to be followed