Selling IBA stuff

I have 21 years of IBA stuff, mostly shirts but a lot of patches and pins I intend to dispose of and I am wondering if y'all have ever sold any of this stuff? I was thinking eBay. Any advice?

are you serious? 21 years and you don't know the answer? i'll buy the stuff to keep it from getting into the "wrong hands" if that's what it takes. c'mon man, be real!
Just used shirts and tchotchkes, don't see how it could get in the wrong hands, it ani't worth much. I've seen other IBA stuff for sale on eBay. Is there something of which I am not aware? The items are mine so I can sell'em, no? Not looking to get anyone excited, just looking offload a bunch of branded stuff for which I paid hundreds of dollars over the years. A lot of the shirts have a stain here and there or a hole. I was going to have a quilt made from them but I nixed that idea on 1/April/2018.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I have 21 years of IBA stuff, mostly shirts but a lot of patches and pins I intend to dispose of and I am wondering if y'all have ever sold any of this stuff? I was thinking eBay. Any advice?
The reason we limit eStore sales of IBA shirts, pins, and patches is because we would prefer folks not misrepresent their membership in the organization by purchasing items that only those who have completed the ride can normally purchase.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Fair enough, recognising I do not share the same motivation; how do I get rid of the stuff I do not wear and do not wish to store? I committed to myself after the last move that I would no longer store things I do not use. I have many that are not in perfect condition because I have worn IBA branded shirts 6/7 days since I left corporate America some 8 years ago. Plus I drink a lot and I am a sloppy eater.

Throwing away good shirts seems a waste of clothing.

Okay, my Mom, an IBA member, could make a quilt and I could auction it for a motorcycle-oriented charity. So someone would buy an IBA quit made by one of the oldest living IBA members. (She is 85) Not sure why I want to bend over backwards to serve an organisation than disrespected me, but hey it is about the riders, not the administrator.

Last edited:

Amnon Romano

Premier Member

JAVGuzzi

Premier Member
I would dispose of the stuff in a respectable manner such as a flag may be disposed of. Maybe at the next IBA event, your stuff and others could be collected and burned or melted during a ceremony. I'm sure Ira could come up with something appropriate.

I would dispose of the stuff in a respectable manner such as a flag may be disposed of. Maybe at the next IBA event, your stuff and others could be collected and burned or melted during a ceremony. I'm sure Ira could come up with something appropriate.
That is entertaining. My moto flags wear out and I toss 'em in the trash. Seems a waste for hundreds of dollars of shirts. Burn them, that is really funny,

JAVGuzzi

Premier Member
John :
Somehow I kinda had the feeling that you wouldn't like that idea, but it sounded good to me and I thought I would run it up the flag pole anyway.