Nested SS1000 in BBG

rebelmark

Premier Member
IBA Member
Hello,

I would like to get a certificate for a SS1000 I completed during my certified BBG ride. Can I just pay the money for the certification? I'm a Premier member, and just want the certification to count towards my mile eater Bronze.

Bntyhntr6975

Premier Member
Only 1 per ride will count towards Mile Eater. So you'd have to choose between a SS1K or a BBG to go towards it. Not many would choose the lesser.
And besides, there is no way to complete a BBG without completing a SS1K, so that cert would be pointless anyway.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Hello,

I would like to get a certificate for a SS1000 I completed during my certified BBG ride. Can I just pay the money for the certification? I'm a Premier member, and just want the certification to count towards my mile eater Bronze.
In addition to the above, the basic rule for nested rides is that if one ride by definition is completed within another, we only issue one certificate. Everyone who completes a BBG has by definition completed an SS1K (and a Bun Burner 1500, for that matter). So we wouldn't issue both the SS1K and BBG for the same ride in any case.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Rusjel

Premier Member
Not being a smart Alec, but why the focus on multiple certificates? Serious question.

A Mile eater certificate of any stripe simply means you've done a lot of rides. In my mind it adds nothing to the planning and effort required to get those rides done.

Now, I recognise that mine is a subjective view and no more valid than any other member, but, enlighten me Rebelmark, why is this important to you? I ask this respectfully and with great interest in your reply.

Edit: o.k, thinking about it I can see planning a whole sequence of rides within a time window counts as a seperate and worthwhile achievement. Anything else?

Last edited:

rebelmark

Premier Member
IBA Member
Not being a smart Alec, but why the focus on multiple certificates? Serious question.

A Mile eater certificate of any stripe simply means you've done a lot of rides. In my mind it adds nothing to the planning and effort required to get those rides done.

Now, I recognise that mine is a subjective view and no more valid than any other member, but, enlighten me Rebelmark, why is this important to you? I ask this respectfully and with great interest in your reply.

Edit: o.k, thinking about it I can see planning a whole sequence of rides within a time window counts as a seperate and worthwhile achievement. Anything else?

The Mile Eater Certificate is my goal. I need 5 within a year, 2 Gold or extreme. I have 2 Golds, one SS1000. Looks like i'm doing 2 more SS1000 to get it!

cacomly

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
The Mile Eater Certificate is my goal. I need 5 within a year, 2 Gold or extreme. I have 2 Golds, one SS1000. Looks like i'm doing 2 more SS1000 to get it!
The intent as I understand it for the Mile Eater is to actually do 5 separate rides. As an extreme example if nested rides were counted you could simply do 2 back to back BBGs and have 2 gold (each BBG) and 3 SS1000's. (or would that be 3 golds counting the BBG3000)? That kind of defeats the purpose of the Mile Eater cert.

I got mine with 1 day to spare, Good luck!