Anyone else still waiting for a submission from last summer?

As per title, I submitted my SS1000 on July 31'st last year and still haven't had it certified, or heard anything whatsoever actually. Just curious if anyone else who submitted around the same time is also still waiting?

I exchanged a few PM's over the last few months with Ira on the topic and supposedly someone was checking on it...but I don't seem to be making any forward progress, so I'm just curious now if there really is that big of a backlog. I really wanted to have my patches and plate frame etc etc for the beginning of the riding season again here this spring (hopefully about 8 weeks away if mother nature plays nice), but I'm really at a loss at this point.

I'm waiting on one submitted May 1st electronically. I contacted Ira and he said it could take a year. Hang in there, I know it is tough.
A year? Ack. IIRC the electronic submission page said 3-5 months.

I guess if I want my certification before riding season begins this year I'll have to upgrade to Premiere, although I see in other threads that even some premiere members are waiting 4-6 months for certifications.

:(

Scott Parish

Premier Member
A year? Ack. IIRC the electronic submission page said 3-5 months.

I guess if I want my certification before riding season begins this year I'll have to upgrade to Premiere, although I see in other threads that even some premiere members are waiting 4-6 months for certifications.

:(
I assume you have at least one ride already certified; if not - you have to wait to be issued your IBA# before upgrading to Premier. As for Premier wait time - the longest I have ever waited is 4 weeks and that was during peak riding season. The volunteer members certifying our rides are riders as well; and you can't blame them for a little road time. Often a delay is due to something being left out of the packet or not easily verified. Typically, if the individual reviewing the ride has an issue with a submission; it is placed aside for follow-up at a later date while they continue to validate complete submissions. Just hang in there and continue knocking out the rides. There is no time limit on submission as long as you retain all the necessary documentation required to certify the ride at a later date.

I recognize the time investment in validation, but I’d just really appreciate knowing if there’s a problem moreso than if they just haven’t got to my submission yet.

For example, the email address I submitted my electronic application from isn’t valid with PayPal any longer (it’s was banned shortly after my submission, it’s a long story) so if my ride was actually certified and a paypal funds request was sent to that address...I’ll never receive it. Ever.

I have a sneaking suspicion that may have something to do with the delay, but again, unless someone is able to followup with an answer to the above I’m left wondering.

If it’s a matter of “We just haven’t got to you yet”, that’s cool. If it’s a matter of “we sent you a money request 3 months ago, you ignored it”, that’s a different situation. Since I’d never have actually received the funds request. ;)

cacomly

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
If you go to the ride list on the IBA website it says:
NOTE: Due to verification, this list is approximately 60 days behind any given ride date... Last update January 14, 2019 for rides through October 1, 2018 (except India)

I suggest asking Ira as he is IBA staff, the rest of us are mainly members and can only offer our experiences.

I’m in Canada, and my ride was submitted in July of last year, so if the list or verified rides is updated to October 1st, I’m guessing there’s been a mixup somewhere.

I have PM’d Ira a few times on the topic with a variety of info and she’s indicated she forwarded my concerns to “Mike”, but then things go quiet again.

I’m wondering if I should just re-submit at this point. :/

I submitted my first iron butt rides (ss1000 and bb 1500) for certification in May last year and have not heard a word. Anyone know who I should contact or should I just wait patiently? I'm going to ride in the Kactus Kilo in April and would really like to have my membership confirmed prior to the ride. Thanks!

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I submitted my first iron butt rides (ss1000 and bb 1500) for certification in May last year and have not heard a word. Anyone know who I should contact or should I just wait patiently? I'm going to ride in the Kactus Kilo in April and would really like to have my membership confirmed prior to the ride. Thanks!
Check your Form inbox.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

I had a ride certified in October that I did in June, cool. However, that was two months after the two I did in July that were certified in August. Strange.

Also I submitted electronically an application for Mile Eater Bronze. A week later I submitted electronically one for Mile Eater Silver. The Bronze was issued very quickly but it had the rides on it that qualified me for the Silver. I'd rather have the ME Silver. I have been in communication with Ira so I expect it to get straight eventually.

A few friends and I are planning to knock off 2 bun burner silvers (possibly Golds depending on how energetic we feel) going to and from the Black Hills this season, but one of the requirements for the BB series that qualifies me is a complete SS1000.

I’m getting concerned that if indeed my SS1000 has fallen through the cracks that I won’t have the prerequisite for the bun burner goals.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
A few friends and I are planning to knock off 2 bun burner silvers (possibly Golds depending on how energetic we feel) going to and from the Black Hills this season, but one of the requirements for the BB series that qualifies me is a complete SS1000.

I’m getting concerned that if indeed my SS1000 has fallen through the cracks that I won’t have the prerequisite for the bun burner goals.
The reason we have that rule is because too many folks were attempting the BBG as their first IBA certificate ride and ended up biting off more than they could chew. If you have completed and submitted a Saddlesore 1000, you have some idea of what a Bun Burner GOLD will take. So you can proceed with your BBG plans even if your submitted SS1K has not yet been certified.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

The reason we have that rule is because too many folks were attempting the BBG as their first IBA certificate ride and ended up biting off more than they could chew. If you have completed and submitted a Saddlesore 1000, you have some idea of what a Bun Burner GOLD will take. So you can proceed with your BBG plans even if your submitted SS1K has not yet been certified.
Fair enough & makes sense.

Fingers still crossed my ss1000 is certified soon (I’d really like my plate frame and such for the beginning of this season), but I still have a gut feeling something has gone wrong somewhere given the elapsed time and the fact other rides submitted after mine are popping up on the certified listings now.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

I have completed mine and had my ride excepted, I am on the list and everything it just took a while to get the spare money, how long does it take to get my package?

Bam

Following up on this, I did finally get the ride certified. As I feared, the invoice had got lost in the mail somewhere. I connected with the right person directly finally and get things sorted out.

[QUOTE="Jerry L. Stevens, post: 38273, I submitted electronically an application for Mile Eater Bronze. A week later I submitted electronically one for Mile Eater Silver. The Bronze was issued very quickly but it had the rides on it that qualified me for the Silver. I'd rather have the ME Silver. I have been in communication with Ira so I expect it to get straight eventually.[/QUOTE]

Update on Bronze and Silver ME certificates:
I did receive communication that the correct certificates were sent out on January 20. I responded stating that I had not received them. Ira said he would ask Mike to fix it. I again reached out to Ira in late March. Ira said Mike was asked again to fix it. The site with the list of completed rides was updated long ago but no Silver ME certificate has been received nor has the corrected Bronze ME certificate been received. I offered to pay for the corrected Bronze. So I will be waiting impatiently.

Maybe I should have asked Mike about them while in Jacksonville. I thought of it but I decided that was not the place nor time to ask. I did enjoy Jacksonville.

Initially I will accept partial fault for the mix up. When I submitted the Silver ME application my subject line was incorrect. However, the application for each certificate was correct as was the note on the Paypal payment identifying the correct certificate the payment was to be applied.