Looking to sell my FJR

pevers

My 2008 (58 plate) FJR 1300 is just not getting used and with another baby on the way there will be even less time to ride. It saddens me to let her go but I would rather someone was using her as intended rather than sitting in the garage most of the year.

I've owned her since new and I have completed all of my UK/EU Iron Butt rides on her (6 x RBLR 1000s, LE2JOG, SS1000, BB1500, SS2000, 4 Corners, SS1600km). We've toured all over Europe on her and she is great two-up with luggage. I've also had lots of fun at track days.

She's done 86,000 miles and been regularly serviced and well looked after. Never dropped. Corbin seat (+orginal). Nitron rear shock. HyperPro fork springs. Plus lots of other LD extras that can be negotiated. I have the top box but the base plate broke (Yamaha plastic one). Standard, touring, and tinted screens. The battery cover has a broken screw lug that I bodge with black duct tape at the mo. ACF50 treatment most winters. When stored - done properly. Currently MOTed until April 2020. Service, mileage, tyres details on spreadsheet below.

Depending on how many extras, I would be looking for about £3000.

Grateful if members could pass this along to anyone they know who might be looking for a great LD bike and aren't afraid of the miles on her. There's plenty left in the can!! Happy to answer any questions.

fullsizeoutput_3ed3.jpg img_1655.jpg img_0376.jpg
100_2559.jpg img_0170.jpg screen-shot-2019-07-17-at-21-1.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
You were the inspiration for me to look at and ultimately buy my V-Strom.

I have met a whole bunch of people who, unlike me, rode when they were young then gave it up at your time of life then ultimately never rode again or returned in much later life to find that the world had moved on and they needed lots of retraining. Some got the training but many just when "scary, not for me".

Why not make a point of attending (calling if necessary) one RTE every three months? Frequent enough to maintain your bike, your skills and your contacts, infrequent enough to make time for all the more important things you have going on.

£3,000 is a very reasonable price for such a stallion but it's only money, wouldn't you really rather keep the bike?

ALSO

Your children will grow up being aware of bikes and will not turn into oblivious uncaring car drivers unwittingly killing bikers every day.
AND
Mrs P will like you much more as you'll be getting regular doses of soul therapy making you a kinder, nicer, more desirable husband.

Last edited:

pevers

Thanks. I appreciate the points. I manage to do a bit of biking as a volunteer rider for Blood Bikes Manchester so I won't go completely stale!!

As a stay-at-home Dad I don't have much time or money for recreation and what there is splits between Blood Biking and the occassional cycle ride. I fully intend to get another bike if my circumstances change but without an income it is difficult to justify hanging onto the bike no matter how much I would like to.