Aux Fuel Tank Install

rneal55555

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I have an Aux Fuel Tank I want to install I have the mounting just about figured out. It will be mounted to the passenger grab handles and I want to gravity feed it to the main tank with a shut off valve. I have a bulkhead fitting I could use through the Tank Level Sending Plate, but in looking at it today I think I can probably just "T" into the fuel return line.

So the question is has anybody done this and if so how did it work, Alternately if you think it won't work why not?

I'm kind of on a short time line I leave on Thursday so I need to wrap things Up.

rneal55555

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I know, I I think I have it figured out. It seems that there is enough flow in the return line that it won't allow the fuel to drain to the main tank with the engine running. I made an attempt tonight but wasn't happy with how it was working out so I'm going to hold off and make do with just the main tank.

I have an Aux Fuel Tank I want to install I have the mounting just about figured out. It will be mounted to the passenger grab handles and I want to gravity feed it to the main tank with a shut off valve. I have a bulkhead fitting I could use through the Tank Level Sending Plate, but in looking at it today I think I can probably just "T" into the fuel return line.

So the question is has anybody done this and if so how did it work, Alternately if you think it won't work why not?

I'm kind of on a short time line I leave on Thursday so I need to wrap things Up.
I have a 2018 Goldwing that I want to install an aux. fuel tank also. I was thinking about the grab handles also, but haven't started any mounting ideas yet. Any advise would be helpful along with pictures if possible. Also having a tough time getting the seat off. I have the bolts removed according to instructions but still will not budge. What's the secret? Thanks for any help/advise

I have a 2018 Goldwing that I want to install an aux. fuel tank also. I was thinking about the grab handles also, but haven't started any mounting ideas yet. Any advise would be helpful along with pictures if possible. Also having a tough time getting the seat off. I have the bolts removed according to instructions but still will not budge. What's the secret? Thanks for any help/advise
There are two "prongs" that hold the front of the seat down. Have you tried pulling the front of the seat (closest to the gas cap) straight up to release those "prongs?" Once you do that, you can pull the seat forward (towards the front of the bike) fairly easily and then remove it. I fought and fought the dang seat until i figured this out.

I just received the most expensive aux tank solution, but a well thought out and implemented design. I haven't had time to actually mount it yet, but i'm hoping to get to that shortly. I used the vent line method successfully on BMW's for years, but I think that i'm going to go the most simple route on my '19 DCT Tour and just use a bulkhead fitting. If you are looking for a mount idea and don't want to use the factory grab rails, I was originally planning to use the Traxxion Grab Rails and purchased them planning to have a tank made to sit on top of those rails. I no longer need them and would consider selling them for a fair price. They are another expensive solution that is very well engineered. I hate to admit that I don't mind paying for others valuable research and development. Another idea would be to wait for the 2020 Goldwing parts to hit dealers fiche system. The 2020 grabrails are better designed and look like they'd make a better mount.

Hope this helps

https://traxxion.com/product/passenger-grab-rails-2018-2019-honda-gold-wing/
http://www.firecreekacc.com/quicktank-gen6.htm
https://gl1800riders.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=338531&d=1572006449