SpotWalla/GibbyTrip Questions

CB650F

Premier Member
I've got an iPhone and have the gibbyTrip app downloaded so that I can track where I went with SpotWalla. Unfortunately, I can't seem to figure out how to do what i want to do. I'm trying it out, but it looks like it's only saving my location once every 10 minutes or so. That's good enough for a very basic map of roughly where I went, but I'd like much more detail. Is there a way to change it so that it records a location every minute or so? I'm not sure if this is a SpotWalla issue or GibbyTrip issue, but I'm sure someone here use those apps and can help. Or am I just being excessively picky and shouldn't worry about it?

Marc11

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Spotwalla will display the data points fed to it from the tracking device or software. So if you ping every minute then spotwalla will have the data.

However by default Spotwalla does not display all the ping points to save resources, you need to enable the more detailed view via the Spotwalla UI.

Jim Craig

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I use SWConnect on my iPhone. It allows track logging from 5 to 10 minute intervals. This is setup in SWconnect. I have mine set to 5 minutes and Spotwalla.com shows a dot every 5 minutes along my route.

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
I'm not certain any of the tracking apps are more frequent than 5 minute intervals. As an Android user, the 5 minute limitation is a part of the BubblerGPS as well.

Any more frequent track data is always available as GPX files that are also saved on your device. They just can't be displayed in real-time.

CB650F

Premier Member
Looks like I'm pretty much stuck with what I've got. I'll have to find that GPX file and see how accurate that is. Thanks for the info everyone. I really appreciate it.

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
Looks like I'm pretty much stuck with what I've got. I'll have to find that GPX file and see how accurate that is. Thanks for the info everyone. I really appreciate it.
BubblerGPS doesn't generate a GPX file, but many other Android apps are capable of doing so. I want to think that I had GPX data from my 48 State ride in :10 intervals? It was so much data, I had to simplify it so that I could display it in Spotwalla:

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=19cc25b364faab4be5&hoursPast=0&showAll=yes

There's a red line and a blue line. The blue was the planned ride, the red was the actual. Zoom into Las Vegas or north of Boston, MA for my route deviation.

Even on days where I didn't have good tracking (New York...) due to phone/app glitches, the GPX plotted route matched all of the dots associated with my ride.

Garage Monster

Premier Member
IBA Member
I use Bubbler Pro and can set the report to as little as 5 minutes. Pro is the paid version and if I remember the standard free Bubbler app was limited to 10 minutes.