Brit Butt Tour 2020

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
Next Wednesday 15th July I'm thinking of going for 01H, 01D and 10S, the three in Galloway. Is there any advice from those who have been?

Once these are done then I'm pretty much down to needing overnights.

bmbob

IBA Member
Hi Dave
Yes I did all three in March in dreadful weather, gales and pouring rain.
10S is straightforward and easy to find.
01D has a large asphalt car park for easy turnround.
01H has a small car park but the gate leading to the car park was locked so I had a real struggle to turn round, and the last bit of the 'track' was rutted with potholes....
Like you I'm now down to overnight stops to finish off Scotland.
Stay safe
Regards Bob

Martex

As Wales seems to be flavour of the month. It would be rude not to pop out for the day.
I took a reserve South Stack picture, as it was so wet and foggy I couldn't see the lighthouse.
The picture is better than the real view! BBT 11 02S  Foggy South Stack LH_800x600.JPG BBT 11 02S South Stack LH Angelsey_800x600.JPG BBT 11 08S Sennybridge_800x600.JPG BBT 11 09D Carew Castle_800x600.JPG BBT 11 09H Harlech Castle_800x600.JPG BBT 11 KGD Spaceguard Centre_800x600.JPG BBT 11 QND Angle_800x600.JPG BBT 11 QNH Dale_800x600.JPG

DazK

After lockdown months of inactivity, I feel as though I have done a marathon work out, wrestling the GTL through the hairpin bends that lead to the south coast destinations....

Robert Higgs

First run out after lockdown, so a quick 340 mile sprint (well, compared with mega distances covered by some!) around East Anglia today. And then girl at Winkles Cafe turned the sign in the window to "closed" just as I arrived at 4 o'clock - so no fish and chips today - oh, well, maybe another time!

Attachments

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
It's well past time I got my Tour under way...
6 Diamonds St Ethelberts Well.JPG
6 Diamonds - St Ethelbert's Well, Hereford

6 Hearts - St Annes Well.JPG
6 Hearts - St Anne's Well, Malvern. I was lucky enough to be there as they were setting up for the day, so I could put my flag on the well itself. They're using that room to serve food/drink ordered next door, so it's normally off limits.

7 Diamonds GR Bench.JPG
7 Diamonds - G.R. Bench

7 Hearts - Donkey Bench.JPG
7 Hearts - Donkey Bench, Malvern

10 Diamonds Sharpness.JPG
10 Diamonds - Sharpness

10 Hearts Lydney Harbour.JPG
10 Hearts - Lydney Harbour Memorial

K Diamonds Spaceguard Centre.JPG
King Diamonds - Spaceguard Centre

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
Had a wet start to my Scotland loop but from Aberdeen North the Sun has come out.

Attachments