"Special" rides

mkneebone

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
remember on the EggSanity series:

Your ride starts after you eat (so you are on the clock when you get your receipt for breakfast).

and

Your ride ends at your last stop, AFTER you eat you final meal.

Which means you have to start at an approved Waffle House style restaurant and end at one.

We are changing the program this year, many of the newer Huddle Houses are no longer in old Waffle House buildings and not open 24 hours and the remaining Omelette Shoppes (again, they were old Waffle Houses) are on their last legs.

Mike

JAORE

Premier Member
The challenges I had included even finding an Omelette Shoppe, discovering the Huddle House just 10 or so miles from my home closed up after I submitted my ride. Then I discovered two of the stops advertised open 24 hours, but were in fact only open 8-10 hours.
But planning is part of the fun, and Mr. Kneebone blessed my changes quickly.
It was a very fun ride.

DrNeo

Premier Member
We are changing the program this year, many of the newer Huddle Houses are no longer in old Waffle House buildings and not open 24 hours and the remaining Omelette Shoppes (again, they were old Waffle Houses) are on their last legs.

Mike
Oh Man... my cholesterol was just getting better from my last Eggsanity... :p

Redwing56

Premier Member
So I’ve read the rules many times and need some advice. I see a receipt is mandated at each egg stop but it does not mention the normal rules of the SS such as DBR’s every 350 miles and such. I can’t say I’ve even seen where it says to follow the SS1000 protocols. Thanks for the clarification

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
So I’ve read the rules many times and need some advice. I see a receipt is mandated at each egg stop but it does not mention the normal rules of the SS such as DBR’s every 350 miles and such. I can’t say I’ve even seen where it says to follow the SS1000 protocols. Thanks for the clarification
The Eggsanity 1000 is simply a special form of the Saddlesore 1000 with additional requirements. As such, in general the normal SS1K rules are in effect - you still need to demonstrate you rode the ride you claim.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association