European End to End

Firstpeke

Hoping to have a crack at this early next July.....

I am heading for Nordkapp on a twice postponed tour of Norway and simply can't ignore the fact that the ride is just there to be done!

Looking forward to the RTE on the way up!

Dogpoope

Premier Member
Hoping to have a crack at this early next July.....

I am heading for Nordkapp on a twice postponed tour of Norway and simply can't ignore the fact that the ride is just there to be done!

Looking forward to the RTE on the way up!
Depending on date we might meet on the road. My spouse would like to go for a BBG3000 down to Tarifa and take some time down there before doing EE2E back home again.

michiel kerkhof

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
As you all know I am a computer nogo....I am looking at Endtoend ride to do after the Trollstiegen RTE....I hace a DMS converter app in my I phone but if I enter the coordinates of Tarifa end picture and gasstation I end up in Libya which is a bit terrifying..... How can I get decimal coordinates? as far as I can see there are 2 petrol stations in Tarifa A Repsol and a Tarifa Oil which 1 is 24 Hrs ....most likely the Repsol 1 I guess but am curious as I'm trying the Gold version so cannot afford mistakes....Help??

Godspeed

Oh and whle we are on it how do I change my profile as I m no longer European Ride to Eat coordinator??
Tha
Oh and whle we are on it how do I change my profile as I m no longer European Ride to Eat coordinator??
I used this one last December. It is Inside the city limits of Tarifa and open 24/7
C. Algeciras, 58, 11380 Tarifa, Cádiz, Spanien

Godspeed

Any receipt with Tarifa printed on the receipt will be good
Assuming the gas station at Honnigsvag is an automated gas station and one would take gas outside the regular opening hours but the machine does not produce a printed receipt (e.g. no paper in printer). Would a photo with a witness also qualify as starting proof?
Thank you.

Michiel there is a a formula for converting between the different lat - long co-ordinates but i'm guessing you are already are familiar with that. otherwise, i just click on google maps whats here and it fetches them up.

michiel kerkhof

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I know there is I got the app in my phone but like I said if I put in the coords as given I end up in Lybia........Where are the good old days with note in your tankbag with routenrs and streets i.o. all this nonsnense......Glad I´m not rallying anymore GPS´s only got more complicated i.o. easier to use

michiel kerkhof

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
A new ride is born, first ridden by Ziggy, and the specs are now available on the website.

No doubt Mike will inspect them carefully to ensure I haven't cocked it up but otherwise you chaps should get on with your planning!
Hmm clicked on it and says file not available Error 404.....Me and computers.....looking for rules and how/where to file/send it documents/pictures etc on the End to End ride.....Me and computers....a marriage made in hell!

michiel kerkhof

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
A new ride is born, first ridden by Ziggy, and the specs are now available on the website.

No doubt Mike will inspect them carefully to ensure I haven't cocked it up but otherwise you chaps should get on with your planning!
Where can I find forms for the End to End Bob and how/where do I send in the pics etc....any other paperwork I have to send in?Been searching for awhile but unable to find anything here.Nothing uncommon for me of course

Firstpeke

I meant to post on here that I did attempt the EE2E last year but having experienced unusually high temperatures for almost my entire Norway tour, with the exception of day one at Nordkapp, when it was only 7 degrees and in cloud.... the ride was called off at Stockholm having ridden down "overnight" from the north cape, my body refused to co-operate and I had to stop....

I did manage to claim a SS1600K as a consolation prize, but not sure that was enough by way of being very disappointed and being left to take a long ride home over the next few days.

Would like to try again but IBA rides don't get any easier as the effects of age and previous injuries take their toll.....

I did however manage a Full Monty with the new bike and managed to get to the RTE in Slovenia as well so those and my first Mile Eater award helped to sooth over the EE2E not being achieved.

Resepect to all who manage what is a very demanding ride.

rolf-arne

Premier Member
Reading and thinking about IT.

So some NEWS - there is now , two gas stations in Magerøya - where NorthCape is. Both automatic - only card - some times receipt... But I`ll suggest to get a poststamp and picture at the Top , at North Cape...