Saturday 6th August 2022 in Cumbria

1200 at "Three Little Pigs" catering company at the 25th Iron Ore Rally at the Egremont Rugby Football Club (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1587873661493734/?ref=share).
The Iron Ore is a great old style camping rally, with fine rock music, optional Beer-swilling, obligatory bollox talking and memories rekindling.

Come along at least for the RTE (the organisers will provide wristbands for IBA day visitors), or really push the boat out and come for the weekend; there will be a healthy cohort over from Northern Ireland.

Current Expressions of Interest from:
01 Graeme Ferguson
02 Charlie McCrea
03 Geoffrey Alexander
04 Grant Ashcroft.
05 Sean Henderson
06 Darren Johnston
07 Sean
08 GarminDave
09 DazK
10 JohnJ
11 & 12 Madmack & Denise
13 Kim Leeson
14 Bmbob

Plus a few other East Antrim riders who may be "certified" by then
Gregg Barlow

Safari Ferg

Safari Ferg, President IBA Ireland
Premier Member
Latest from the Iron Ore Rally
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1587873661493734/permalink/3274118679535882/

"So its really not long now folks….
So what goes on at this Iron Ore Rally thing?
Wot do I get for my £15?
Well We’ll tell Ya..
You get to ride some of the best biking roads in the country to get here.
You get camping for the weekend with hot showers and clean toilets no stinky thunder boxes.
You get live music,
Friday, Mr Iron Ore himself Colin Nichol and MT Arms.
Saturday, The One and Only ‘Drunk in Public’, We challenge you not to jump around !
You get Flashy lights and Noise from our good friend Garth Williams of ‘Pirate Lighting and Sound’
You get Bike Comp’s with swankey trophies, not to mention the One off Stevie Boy Crawford ‘Most Mechanically challenged’ trophy, usually worth more than the bike that wins it.
You can have a drink with yer mates or if you have no mates, just drink with some random strangers. We do,
The Club bar is open all day untill midnight, then if you dare you can move into the legendary Doom Bar……..at your own risk….
You can get On Site Food from our new friends Three little pigs
You will see some amazing bike builds, proper specials not just a few stickers here and there.
You can take yer pants off on the stage.
You can show off yer Tatt’s or anything else you care to share.
Bring yer bird even.
You can sing songs and play yer guitar all night, you dont need to be able to sing or play the guitar.
Or you can just stand there with a pint on yer head…..we dont care really, we just want everyone to have a good time with like minded people.
You can even buy a t shirt to remind you of your amazing weekend that you cant remember you’ve just had.
And If that doesnt float yer boat, well maybe your in the wrong group.
Hopefully we will see ya soon. Keep an eye on here for any updates.
There are “NO” Prebooked tickets, its £15 on the gate."

Safari Ferg

Safari Ferg, President IBA Ireland
Premier Member
We get off the ferry in Cairnryan about 1000, and it's 3 1/2hrs ride so anytime from 1400 on (hopefully)

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it now (selling a bike and the buyer can only pick up on Saturday! - Does mean I can buy another one then though ) - Hopefully get to meet you all at another one.

JohnR

Mr. QR code
IBA Member
Thanks for the shout out. Great weekend, good company and not too noisy after Kim gifted me some ear plugs. Thanks Kim and thanks safari ferg