2003 FXSTDi Deuce

AirbusFlieger

Who says you can't do IBA rides on a Harley? LoL

I bought this bike new in 2003 and I love this bike. I sold my GS and I'm on disability from work, so buying a new bike is not practical at this time. Instead of reading ride reports and wishing.. I set this bike up. It works great!!

I'm a minimalist. I like a clean look.

But I need to be able to see, navigate, and have my phone.

-Aux lights by Auxbeam 3 inch model LED with white driving lights and yellow fog lights as well as a strobe white. The kit came with 10 feet (!!!) of wire. I had to cobble the mounting together, as the "universal" mounting hardware did not work for my Deuce. I drilled out two pieces and mounted the brackets used for a light-bar to the fork mounts. Normally the lights bolt directly to the fork mounts, but my Deuce has an increased rake angle than other Softails so the downward adjustment travel was not enough.The light is controlled with a switchbutton and is IP68 rated.

-Garmin Zumo XT mount. Hard-wired and has an in-line fuse.

-Extractme 6.8 amp twin USB charger. Each USB has over 3amps each, so it runs anything. It features an ON/OFF switch and a digital voltmeter. It is not water resistant, but it came with a rubber boot. When it rains I unplug and put the boot on. Hard-wired with an in-line fuse and there have been no issues in even heavy rain.

-QuadLock iPhone mount with vibration damping head and wireless charging. It came with a phone case, which is so nice I use it as my phone case now. It kept my iPhone 13 pro max safe and secure even through very rough road surfaces. Also hard-wired with an in-line fuse.

-Fork oil. I put heavy duty fork oil (from the FL series Harley-Davidsons) and what a massive difference it made. My forks were very bouncy. The heavy duty fork oil was like having a completely new set of forks. Compression is far more controlled, and rebound is perfect. Less brake dive as well. For anyone with an FX series Harley, put in the heavy duty fork oil.

-OEM quick disconnect windscreen which I cut down by 2/3rds. I like wind in my face, but off the chest. It worked really well.

-OEM leather saddlebags. Not very big, but it came with the 100th Anniversary package so I used them.

Fork Oil
68386172852__4D9EEB8C-0608-4D7E-9A64-3EC0DE75DC8E.jpeg

Zumo and iPhone mounted
IMG_2555.jpeg

Auxbeam lights (forgive the bugs) The lights normally bolt directly into the black fork mounts, but I needed more tilt, so I incorporated the light bar brackets. Otherwise, this would be a super-stealth mount. Love these lights!!
IMG_2264.jpeg

All accessories hard-wired to batt terminals. This worked because each accessory has a power switch. Also, each accessory is fused. Pretty busy in there but I was surprised that despite the Deuce being a cruiser Softail, there was room.
IMG_2060.jpeg

6.8 amp dual USB charger with voltmeter.
IMG_2268.jpg

I ran the all the wires under the tank console, it is all hidden.
IMG_2269.jpg

My chopper windscreen. I was in a hurry, so I will shape and sand the edges later. I may try to emulate the inverted V design. I used a dremel, but will shape with a belt sander, then fine sand the edges for a factory look. My own fly-screen.
IMG_2270.jpg

IMG_2219.jpeg

Last edited: