No longer needed. Thanks!

Ty Kwon

Premier Member
Hi, I’m just checking to see if anyone has an aux tank set up for a Harley Bagger that they want to part with. I’m looking for a gravity fed unit that mounts behind the rider (either round spun or flat to mount pelican case above).
Thanks!
Don

Last edited:

Shawn K

Professional Cat Confuser
Premier Member
You may want to be more specific. Are you looking for a taildragger setup? A basic round spun aluminum tank on the passenger seat? A custom gravity feed setup?

There are lots of ways to skin this particular cat, and prices will be all over the map depending on what you want, what you're willing to fabricate, and how much money you're willing to spend.

Ty Kwon

Premier Member
You may want to be more specific. Are you looking for a taildragger setup? A basic round spun aluminum tank on the passenger seat? A custom gravity feed setup?

There are lots of ways to skin this particular cat, and prices will be all over the map depending on what you want, what you're willing to fabricate, and how much money you're willing to spend.
Shawn - All of the above. I’m trying to avoid fabrication if possible. The bike it’s going on will not be used in the in the IBR.

outdoorsntn

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Recently purchased a 4.5 gal tank with a baffle for an exact replacement to replace the 4.5 gal non-baffled Spun Aluminum BAM tank I’ve run for the past 75k miles. So if you are interested, my 4.5 gal non-baffled tank is available. If you use as a gravity fed system, it does not comply with IBR requirements. Paid $220’ish. It’s had lots of fuel through it with absolutely no issues. $95 to a taker.

Ty Kwon

Premier Member
Recently purchased a 4.5 gal tank with a baffle for an exact replacement to replace the 4.5 gal non-baffled Spun Aluminum BAM tank I’ve run for the past 75k miles. So if you are interested, my 4.5 gal non-baffled tank is available. If you use as a gravity fed system, it does not comply with IBR requirements. Paid $220’ish. It’s had lots of fuel through it with absolutely no issues. $95 to a taker.
I believe that your old tank will fit my needs! I can PayPal you the $$$ today if you’ll send me your PayPal address. Mine is: [email protected]
Thanks!
Don

NavyVet1959

On a side note... When I was building my own 5g tank like that, I noticed that it created a bit of instability in the handling if I removed both hands from the handlebars... It apparently affected the aerodynamics enough that I would slowly get some shake in the handlebars which would progress even worse if I did not put at least one hand lightly on one of the grips... Without the tank, the bike was smooth enough to ride for quite a distance without hands on the grips... Not a big issue, but something that you might want to be aware of if you sometimes take your hands off the grips because of numbness or whatever... Then again, maybe that is just an old fart issue... Getting old sucks... :)

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
It apparently affected the aerodynamics enough that I would slowly get some shake in the handlebars which would progress even worse if I did not put at least one hand
How high, how far behind the rear axle, and how much did it weigh? Betcha it was more of an issue of geometry and lever arms rather than aerodynamics.

NavyVet1959

How high, how far behind the rear axle, and how much did it weigh? Betcha it was more of an issue of geometry and lever arms rather than aerodynamics.
It was mounted on the luggage rack behind the rear seat backrest... I would still classify that as aerodynamics, just like the size and shape of the horizontal and vertical stabilizers on an aircraft affect its aerodynamics... Of course, the rider of the motorcycle also affects the aerodynamics of the bike and some of us have better "natural aerodynamics" than others... :)