Entry is now open

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
The RBLR1000 is an annual event where last year 140 riders rode a 1000 miles in 24hrs for the Poppy Appeal. In 2021 the ride raised £38,000 to benefit out service personnel.

We really need more than 400 riders in 2023 to beat the World Record for the most Saddlesore 1000s ridden on the same day.

All the details and entry form can be found on www.rblr1000.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:

Safari Ferg

Safari Ferg, President IBA Ireland
Premier Member
The RBLR1000 is an annual event where last year 140 riders rode a 1000 miles in 24hrs for the Poppy Appeal. In 2021 the ride raised £38,000 to benefit out service personnel.

We really need more than 400 riders in 2023 to beat the World Record for the most Saddlesore 1000s ridden on the same day.

All the details and entry form can be found on www.rblr1000.co.uk
Phil
It appears your hotlink is wrong, there is a "t" in it (rblrt) not https://www.rblr1000.co.uk/

Graeme

JohnR

Mr. QR code
IBA Member
All the designated fuel stops are 24hr and supply E5

If you want to avoid the reassuringly expensive motorway pump prices you'll find 24hr E5 at...

Lesmahagow Tesco (M74 junction 10, nearest postcode ML11 0FA) between Rivington and Fort William
Aviemore BP (detour 0ff A9 at A95 and B9152, postcode PH22 1PD) between Wick and Edinburgh

I thought all fuel stations supplied E5?

All the designated fuel stops are 24hr and supply E5

If you want to avoid the reassuringly expensive motorway pump prices you'll find 24hr E5 at...

Lesmahagow Tesco (M74 junction 10, nearest postcode ML11 0FA) between Rivington and Fort William
Aviemore BP (detour 0ff A9 at A95 and B9152, postcode PH22 1PD) between Wick and Edinburgh

I thought all fuel stations supplied E5?
Thanks for the info, I live on the isle of wight and only 3 filling stations supply E5 out of about 20!

JohnR

Mr. QR code
IBA Member
I think you'll find it different on the mainland. I only use E10 but always check which hose I've pulled to avoid the reassuringly expensive E5 because there always seems to be E5 and E10 hoses on the same pump right next to each other and it doesn't help with them both being coloured green.

What you riding?

Hey Phil, you can put us on the list. Can you put us to your list. We need some advice for a great B&B there. We Will stay 2 days. Monique and Filip from Belgium.

Capt Sisko

You're better off looking at hotels rather than B&Bs bearing in mind you will be leaving at 4.30am and returning the next day at some ungodly hour. There's the usual selection of basic to posh all within reasonable range of the start / finish, but truth be told, after riding for 24hrs you will sleep on a plank so to certain degree it doesn't matter.

I use reassuringly expensive E5 at all times as my company pick up my fuel bills ..... result !!!
And the V-Strom seems to like it .... but i think "placebo effect" might be in action.

Last edited:

Ian M

is there a closing date for sign up?

if you have taken part a number of times previously are you able to turn up at the start (handing over the fee of course) without prior notifcation of attendance and complete the ride?

just struggling with work volumes so cannot commit at this juncture but would know nearer the time i.e a week out from the event

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
is there a closing date for sign up?

if you have taken part a number of times previously are you able to turn up at the start (handing over the fee of course) without prior notifcation of attendance and complete the ride?

just struggling with work volumes so cannot commit at this juncture but would know nearer the time i.e a week out from the event
You can enter a week before