Naracoorte SA Muster 2023

tj189

Premier Member
Gday all the riders that are submitting ride applications,

To assist the verification team, may we ask that you ensure in the Subject heading that you include the words - IBA Naracoorte 2023 Muster – Saddlesore 1600k.

Well done on those riders completing an IBA ride for the Muster.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
I'm very glad I chose the inland route via Cobar Biggles. It gave me few towns and long 110kmh zones to bank away distance.
Big fuel load helps cut stops to a minimum. 3 for fuel, 2 for rest. I was very sore at Horsham and considered sleeping longer waking with minimum time to run the last leg and arrive with a few minutes to spare. I sat for 3/4 hour the snack and coffee did me a world of good and I departed much refreshed..Oh and no traffic once out of town.

Johng

Premier Member
Well what a great weekend, have not had time to fill in a short report in fact typing this on a plane melb to bris
The ride started well the one thing that I can say the bike was amazing I did miss the cruise control but will fix that which made me sometimes not realise o was not sitting in the average speed. The road was shocking but with all the wet it’s a lot of work to catch up on repairs
This trip I decided to just use my iPhone GPS What could go wrong !!!!! Any way as I got closer the intelligent mapping started to kick in and started taking me down roads that I really did not want to be on at that time of night and country towns at night are not reliable. Any way those words in my head trust your GO
As I got closer to Hay I would need a couple of refills thru one town no fuel ( ok that’s ok I can make it to the next) with 5 litres on the back I made it with 0 litres to spare. Ahhhhhhh the beautiful green and yellow lights of a BP pulled in feeling pretty pleased with myself. Went up to the CC auto pay station looked around and both unleaded out of order. That good feeling was fading fast, midnight a couple of kids turned up in the car, typical country kids “what’s up up mate “ no fuel that’s ok dad got done for the mower at home Dad turns up 15 litres later iam off. BUT the damage had been done I was already about 49 minutes late getting to this location now after no fuel about 2 hours behind my time. I pushed on to Rapid Springs ? for fuel. Again all closed sitting at the service station I looked after and the Vacancy Sign was still on at a hotel that looked like it had better days. It’s now around 1.30 am The sign was calling me so I thought that’s it it’s over. Went over, there was light on and a young Chinese guy answered and I had a room. The last thing I need was to be sleeping half way to Hay out of fuel stuck in the middle of no where. Although I sleeping gear, bike cover, wet weather gear but all that’s no good with no fuel
Anyway after a good night sleep up and away next morning fuel up and on the road
Reached SA no issues Dinner, Sleep great conversations turn around and do it again
Great ride him meet up with Biggles on the way and we cross crossed each other and I lost him at the Qld border and I got home at 7.30pm
A couple of things
The roads are really bad
The bike wow just did not stop
I missed cruise control
Don’t trust iPhone maps
Don’t leave what your used to using at home

The Bike BMWC400GT
This bike kept going 110 /120 no problems and had more to give. I missed CC and found myself dropping avg speed at times.
That’s it great weekend see you next time

john

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Just wondering Sir Biggles if there was any consideration of squeezing in another 70 or so kilometres to knock off an SS2000/24 on this tremendous ride?
I've been waiting for someone to ask that very question.
Biggles you do Rock mate.

Biggles

Premier Member
The thought was there, and I had the time and energy, but it's a case of "when you do what you planned" it seems to be time to call it quits. To be honest, it looked pretty daunting on paper before I set out, so completing it was satisfying enough. And then there's that untidy business of getting a DBR 35km away and heading back. Besides, I've already got two of them: Brisbane - Middleton and Nuriootpa- Brisbane. ;)

Skidoo

Premier Member
The thought was there, and I had the time and energy, but it's a case of "when you do what you planned" it seems to be time to call it quits. To be honest, it looked pretty daunting on paper before I set out, so completing it was satisfying enough. And then there's that untidy business of getting a DBR 35km away and heading back. Besides, I've already got two of them: Brisbane - Middleton and Nuriootpa- Brisbane. ;)
It was an awesome ride. As you said you’ve done it and there’s nothing like being home in a comfy bed!