Versicherung

Servus Leute, wie sieht es aus mit einer zusätzlichen Versicherung wenn ich ein Motorrad aus Kanada nach Europa bringen möchte für sagen wir Mal, 2 Jahren ?Ist es gültig in ganz Europa oder nur DE ?
Zweitens, ich habe einen offenen akrapovic system installiert, spielt es eine Rolle oder gar nicht weil mopped ist in Kanada versichert.
Ich bedanke mich rechtherzlich im voraus und vieleicht sieht man sich ja irgendwo in Schwarzwald.
Gruss
D

EddyC

IBA Member
I think it is not only an insurance problem. I understand that you are intending to live in Germany for a period of a year or two?
In that case you might have the bike technically inspected before you can register it in the country you live in. If it is not according to european standards (or DIN? ) the bike cannot be registered and is thus forbidden to public roads.
No insurance company will touch such a bike.
Also, it is very well possible that you have to pay additional import taxes for importing the bike into the EU.
Mind you: I do not know the exact situation you are in, therefore all of the above are general guidelines - there might be exceptions to the rule.
There is a german speaking forum (about Bmw Rt's) where they might have additional and updated information: https://www.rt-freunde.de .
Perhaps you might want to inform yourself via an official departement (embassy, insurance co in Europe...)?

Maybe selling the bike in Canada and buying another one in the country of your destination is / is not an option?

Btw: I understand that especially in Germany, there are very strict rules about sound. Open Acrapovic systems are a big no-no over there ;-)

Stay Safe...
Ed..

Last edited: