RBLR1000 2024

JohnR

Mr. QR code
IBA Member
I don't go anywhere without my tank bag where I keep spare gloves, waterproof over trousers, beanie hat, torch, puck, visor cloth, phone charging lead, Tesco meal deal and route itinerary in map pouch.

Ian M

An A5 Clipboard Folder with Foil Cover is helpful for keeping receipts dry, neat and in order
and your wife's (other relationship statuses are available) best tea towel for drying your hands before you put your golves back on in the rain

Personally, I am trying not to start over thinking it all. Other than rides between now and the 7th, I plan not to do anything. A week before. I can then go full OCD mode. If I start now I will have gone through every packing combination 10 times and still won’t be happy, so plan to just do what I would normally do for a long ride. Or at least that’s the plan…..

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
It's best not to change anything just before the ride. Just perfect your system for looking after yourself , bike and kit .
Then just do the same.
It's a good idea to do some longer rides in rain and in the dark to check out your kit.
You will ride in rain and in the dark in a 1000 mile ride

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Done 300 a few times. Honestly, I am not expecting it to be easy but I relish the challenge.

Love riding my bike and always wanted to go to North Scotland so is perfect.
Just remember rule one. If You're tired stop and rest. Even if you get back outside 24hrs you'll still get a certificate of recognition but it won't be an IBA one and no IBA membership. But you will have learnt a lot for your next attempt.