Search results

1. Ira

Cooling vest spotted at Iron Butt 2019?

I don't know anything about it, but it was, indeed, a cooling vest. Ira
  2. Ira

2019 IBR Details

Totally agree. Ultimately, it is a competition against ones' self. No one wants to give anything less than everything they're got. It can be one of those life-defining moments that tells you exactly what you are made of without any bullshit (if you pardon my French). It's put up or shut up...
  3. Ira

2019 IBR Details

Note that we run every checkpoint the same way - penalty points begin to accrue from the time the checkpoint opens until the time it closes, but we have scorers available a few hours before the checkpoint opens. Traditionally, the penalty points increase every leg. So they can be significant...
  4. Ira

2019 Iron Butt Rally Livestreams

You're welcome. And thanks. I'm here in Kennewick. Weather is perfect, but a little windy at the moment. Five hours on regional jets to get here is its' own form of brutality. But of course, nothing compared to what a bunch of crazed motorcyclists have faced heading this way. :) Just to...
  5. Ira

Certification for Saddlesore 1000(Ride Around Peninsular Malaysia in 24Hrs)

First, using the Forum for such questions is not the appropriate place. If you need to contact me, please drop me a Forum PM or an email to ira@ironbutt.com. Thanks. Because of the very large volume of mail we receive, I'm afraid we can't provide status. But it can take a year or longer for...
  6. Ira

2019 IBR Details

That's not exactly correct. As the schedule says, "Penalty points accrue at 8:00:01am Scoring opens at 5am". What is doesn't say is that the finish window is from 8am to 10am (the rally started at 10am and ends at 10am). What this means is that we will have staff available to score riders...
  7. Ira

Productivity

I know how strong the impulse is to see the competitors on the road. But remember - it may be a short ten minutes to you, but in this event every minute counts. The other problem is that riders get into a routine when they get off the bike. Someone coming over is nice, but it can break their...
  8. Ira

Premier membership

Right now, most of the staff is at the Iron Butt Rally, so it may be a little while. Ira Agins Iron Butt Association
  9. Ira

Operator error - I must have hit the "hide" button in Periscope. It should be back now. Sorry about that. Ira
  10. Ira

Not sure why that was, but it's there now. The direct link to the start video is at https://www.pscp.tv/w/1kvJpOQoEZwGE?q=IBR+2019 Ira
  11. Ira

Aussies @ the Iron Butt Rally 2019

I talked with Dan for a few minutes this morning. He said that all the problems caused him to lose the focus necessary to successfully ride the rally, so he decided to withdraw. A really tough decision. Ira
  12. Ira

Well, I said I would start streaming on Friday, but I did a short one today when I arrived in Greenville. You can get to it on the IBA IBR Web page (which also went live today) at http://ibr.wvi.com/ Ira
  13. Ira

Well, I said I would start streaming on Friday, but I did a short one today when I arrived in Greenville. You can get to it on the IBA IBR Web page (which also went live today) at http://ibr.wvi.com/ Ira
  14. Ira

Certification Saddlesore 1000 - Brazil

We have several verification teams, and some are faster than others. Ira Agins Iron Butt Association
  15. Ira

IBR Sticker to buy?

I'll have to check. With the 2019 IBR coming up in less than a week, it may be a little while before you hear back. Ira Agins Iron Butt Association
  16. Ira

Instructions for accessing the Periscope videos I hope to produce: If you have the Periscope app: Open the app Touch the "people" icon on the bottom of the screen Touch the "Find" icon (the magnifying glass) at the top of the screen Touch "Broadcasts" Search for "IBR 2019" You should then see...
  17. Ira

Instructions for accessing the Periscope videos I hope to produce: If you have the Periscope app: Open the app Touch the "people" icon on the bottom of the screen Touch the "Find" icon (the magnifying glass) at the top of the screen Touch "Broadcasts" Search for "IBR 2019" You should then see...
  18. Ira

19. Ira

Just a heads-up that I plan to broadcast some Periscope livestreams from the IBR start, checkpoints, and finish. It won't be on any particular schedule - I'll be working the rally and that, of course, comes first But I'd like to start them this Friday or Saturday and do them as time permits...
  20. Ira

Just a heads-up that I plan to broadcast some Periscope livestreams from the IBR start, checkpoints, and finish. It won't be on any particular schedule - I'll be working the rally and that, of course, comes first But I'd like to start them this Friday or Saturday and do them as time permits...