1,000 miles! It's further than I thought

I don't want to say I told you so :p
I was thinking the same after reading Roger's ride report. It has been my personal experience our perspective of a ride changes over time. When I have written a report soon after completing a ride; I find myself reflecting more on the physical discomforts versus the psychological/spiritual aspect. After a week or two has past - I'm back on the computer looking at maps planning the next trip.

Roger - great ride report. I work in healthcare and have professional and personal experiences where finding purpose or setting a goal can positively impact health outcomes. I'm looking forward to reading your Bun Burner write-up once complete.

Scott

I work in healthcare and have professional and personal experiences where finding purpose or setting a goal can positively impact health outcomes. I'm looking forward to reading your Bun Burner write-up once complete.

Scott
This concept of 'goal setting' for health was never anything that I'd thought about before ... but it certainly helped me. It gave me something to think about. Something that wasn't all about drugs, and needles, and puking up every hour. The planning was amazing. It kept me focused on something productive. I genuinely think that it helped me cope with a tough situation.

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
The ride was processed and validated ... but I decided not to get the certification. It'd be nice to get a membership number, but I just couldn't reconcile what the payment gave me beyond the satisfaction that I'd already had from completing the ride. It's quite a lot of money for me right now.

Sorry for wasting your time Mike! When I do my Bun Burner in the spring, I'll still gather the requisite documentation, but I won't submit it.
If in future you change your mind just let us know.