100 Mile Charity Ride in San Diego

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I was asked to post this. It's only a 100-mile ride, but for a good cause, especially us older riders. :) Their Web site is at

https://alzsd.akaraisin.com/Common/Event/Home.aspx?seid=15820&mid=8

Here's his email to me.

Ira

----------------------begin email-------------------------

Hi there! My name is Dan King, and I am the development coordinator for the non-profit organization Alzheimer's San Diego. We are currently the midst of planning our second annual RIdes4ALZ, which is a 100 mile ride throughout San Diego where bikers from across the county will take over the streets to raise money/awareness for the fight against Alzheimer's. Last year we were able to raise over $75,000, but this year we are setting our sights on reaching the $100,000 mark (kind of like our own 100k club). After reading the description of your organization, I knew I had to reach out and see if there was anyway that we could get on your event calendar or if it would be possible for you to let the So. Cal riders in your organization know about our event. I know it does not compare to the insane Key West to Prudhoe Bay challenge (or even the Saddlesore 1000), but this event could be instrumental in helping thousands of families across San Diego. Just to tell you a little bit about ourselves, Alzheimer’s San Diego is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization which helps thousands of local families dealing with Alzheimer’s disease through one-on-one meetings with our expert social workers, caregiver education, support and discussion groups, weekly social activities and much more (all provided free of charge). We also support San Diego’s world-class scientists working on finding a cure through research grants, and by connecting people with local clinical trials. However, the only way that we can continue to provide such aid is by raising funds through events like Rides4ALZ. We are hoping that your organization can help us achieve our fundraising goal and continue promoting charitable values within the biker community. Feel free to give me a call at (858) 966-3310 or email me any time if you have any questions! All the best, Dan King Development Coordinator

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
The only reason I posted it was there was a motorcycle event associated with it. Please don't post charity activities that are not at least a little motorcycle-related, or the Forum will be inundated with many non-moto related appeals from worthy causes.

Thanks.

Ira