100CCC Attempt - 4 February

Fatman

Ltp and I met Dan at Cobar. He was looking great although he said he was starting to feel a bit weary. We had the intention of following him to his next fuel stop at Gilgandra but with the heavy afternoon thunder storm that came through Cobar mid afternoon the floodways were flowing. At the second deep one which was around 400 mm deep, LTP and I decided to turn back to Cobar to stay the night.. we wished Dan all the best as he headed east reminding him of the Newcastle option if time becomes critical. He can make that decision at Gilgandra.. .Go Dan was great to meet you....

Dicky Knee

I had planned to intercept Dan at Gilgandra tonight, but I'm still in theatre for a few more hours and its 1800hr NSW time now.
I just had to quote this back...such is the interest, support and friendship of this group. And Peter...I lol'd just a little bit, imagining you saying "Don't close him up yet....just got to step outside and check Dan's progress. Be right back"

Daisy

Premier Member
There was a discussion in our house a couple of minutes ago. Reg reckons Gilgandra is decision time. I reckon it was already made.
I asked Dan the other night why Brisbane instead of Sydney? He said because its harder. Today I looked up his ride history. He was always going back to brisbane. Because its harder.

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
There was a discussion in our house a couple of minutes ago. Reg reckons Gilgandra is decision time. I reckon it was already made.
I asked Dan the other night why Brisbane instead of Sydney? He said because its harder. Today I looked up his ride history. He was always going back to brisbane. Because its harder.
Yup, this nails it alright!

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Just reflecting on Dans Day 4 and where he is now...it's dusk in NSW and he has approx 8-9 hrs riding in the dark ahead of him, with some rain likely. It will be a long night, but knowing the end of the ride nears he will be focused on ensuring he rides to finish. Plus it sounds like he has the support of the LD Riding community out there, literally (look at all these intercepts!) to give him wings.

I see TJ looks like he will be out an about in the wee hours of the darkness and I have not doubt there will be others.

Biggles

Premier Member
He certainly has an extreme
ride history, some of if not all of the most iconic rides we can do. More power to him, makes me wish I was 20 years younger. Am I right in thinking he will be the first to crack this one.
I know Davo did it one way. I'll have a look...

There's only Davo and it's just the 50CC Gold. That's on the FarRider's database. Someone else is welcome to take on the IBA database.

ETA 3:15 at the Port.

Last edited: