100CCC - Jan 2019

Derrick

IBR Finisher
15 years to the month since John and I did this and it seems like yesterday!

I will admit when i saw this i looked at my leave available, and after allowing for mandatory shutdown over the holiday period I have the grand total of, wait for it, 3 hours up my sleeve as at the 8th January.

Between that, and a lack of match fitness I'll watch this from the sidelines - Enjoy and have a safe ride!

Derrick

PS. Found the writeup in case anyone hasn't seen it
http://www.ironbuttrally.com/about/getArchiveddocument.cfm?DocID=64

Vlad

Premier Member
The anticipation of this ride is like no other that I have done that’s for sure. Hard to get your brain around. Simply awesome to get it done.
Safe travels Martin.

Brookester

Premier Member
Does anyone here know if this 100CCC in Australia (Coogee / Perth / Coogee) has been completed before by an American? I'm flying in the 25th of January, and looking to attempt this shortly thereafter on my GS Adventure.

Thanks and cheers from the states.

Dan Simmonds
To the best of my knowledge you'd be the first and join an elite group to have done one on 2 continents...OX-34 being the first (Aus & USA) and probably the only other 2 Continent 100CCC member???

To the best of my knowledge you'd be the first and join an elite group to have done one on 2 continents...OX-34 being the first (Aus & USA) and probably the only other 2 Continent 100CCC member???
What an interesting data point! I was not aware. Thanks for that Brooke. I will have to give this a go then, after Martin Little makes this ride look easy once again in January...

tj189

Premier Member
Does anyone here know if this 100CCC in Australia (Coogee / Perth / Coogee) has been completed before by an American? I'm flying in the 25th of January, and looking to attempt this shortly thereafter on my GS Adventure.

Thanks and cheers from the states.

Dan Simmonds
Dan, I have started a conversation with you.

Tele

Premier Member
If I wasn't moving house in January I would be sorely tempted to try to come with you at least one way ..... and it would be a sore attempt as I think my last decent IBA ride was the last Muster :oops:

Dicky Knee

Ok, so the clock keeps ticking as it counts down to June 2019 and the start of IBR19. So as part of my IBR prep and for my first IBA ride of 2019 I’m heading over to Perth departing from Coogee early a.m Thursday 18 Jan.

Will post spotlink closer to the time.
I may be able to add to the numbers of the welcoming committee ....however... Thursday is the 17th January FYI.

Will see you at Greenmount or (maybe) a little further east.