100CCC - October 2019 Attempt.

jeffrey gebler

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
VFR serviced, Wednesday, with new sprockets and chain, and rubber both ends. Ordered new pads in for front as they were getting a bit sad. Spare levers turned up. Thursday, and I will carry a spare fuel filter (internal). The bike has 60,000 km now, finally set up, almost ready to go. RooTED will be fitted Tuesday. Probably wander towards the east coast Friday.
Looking forward to meeting you in Port Augusta and spending a few days on the road with you.
Hopefully the tenere will be able to keep up with you.
Until then ride safe.

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
VFR serviced, Wednesday, with new sprockets and chain, and rubber both ends. Ordered new pads in for front as they were getting a bit sad. Spare levers turned up Thursday, and I will carry a spare fuel filter (internal). The bike has 60,000 km now, finally set up, almost ready to go. RooTED will be fitted Tuesday. Probably wander towards the east coast Friday.
Sounds good Ron, I will be there at Coogee to guide you of Sydney, although i may be in 4 wheels not 2.

Bill53

Premier Member
Very interesting results.... but in the Great White North kangaroos are not a problem., but deer and moose are ! One of the devices shown is an OEM Mallory Sonalert. Was it used steady on or intermitent ? I am intrigued enough to try one here as the fall rut for deer is soon approaching. On the other hand moose are somewhat disagreeable creatures and irritating them is a risky business. A few years ago a parked police car was destroyed by one who did not like the flashing lights. The officer inside had his arm broken too.

Fatman

Very interesting results.... but in the Great White North kangaroos are not a problem., but deer and moose are ! One of the devices shown is an OEM Mallory Sonalert. Was it used steady on or intermitent ? I am intrigued enough to try one here as the fall rut for deer is soon approaching. On the other hand moose are somewhat disagreeable creatures and irritating them is a risky business. A few years ago a parked police car was destroyed by one who did not like the flashing lights. The officer inside had his arm broken too.

Bill I don't want to take over Martin's thread but quickly I use a car reversing beeper, beep beep sound. We don't have many dear compared to you guys but I did come across one in Gippsland and he stopped right in front of me and didn't seem to care about the Beep Beep sound, in the end I would have been about 2 meters from him. He may have also been also dazzled by the Ericas frying his eyes?
Moose, I do not have a clue, sorry.

Bill53

Premier Member
Bill I don't want to take over Martin's thread but quickly I use a car reversing beeper, beep beep sound. We don't have many dear compared to you guys but I did come across one in Gippsland and he stopped right in front of me and didn't seem to care about the Beep Beep sound, in the end I would have been about 2 meters from him. He may have also been also dazzled by the Ericas frying his eyes?
Moose, I do not have a clue, sorry.
An expression here when someone has a blank/confused state look is "Like a deer in the headlights" Moose - by one of the urban dictionary definitions - "
The mighty moose gallops through the woods with great easy.
The moose grazes in the fields as do many of its brethren.
Awwww shit, did you see that moose bust a windmill?"

Grey Gentry

Premier Member
I'd like to thank those start (Enterprise, Knave and KiwiMartin) and finish (Enterprise, Knave and Ox) witnesses that have volunteered to sign me out Monday morning, and back in Friday morning.
The WA guys (Gus and crew) need a mention here too. What an enthusiastic group we have there, they met Knave and myself at the end of our 50CC.
I feel humbled that Martin is happy to accompany me on the way out from Sydney, and another IBR Finisher Jeff, is joining the attempt at Port Augusta, for the western legs of the ride.

The good wishes and encouragement from you all is very much appreciated.

Cheers all.