17/02/2024 RTE Lakeland Motor Museum

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
I've had to bail from this. I set off, but I've got what I think is a trapped nerve in my shoulder, causing pain and weakness in my right arm; combined with stabs of back pain, I found I wasn't concentrating enough. Three hours each way wouldn't be sensible, so I came home. Fingers crossed it's better for next weekend's ERTE.

Regards,
Martin

Capt Sisko

Got a bit damp on the M6 around Manchester and the M56, but it was day out on the bike and with good company to boot. That makes up for all of it. Great to meet everyone again.

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
A good ride up A1 then through Wharfedale via Ilkley, Skipton, Gargrave there is a cracking tea room opposite the public toilets and bus stop on the main road.
In all a good day until i got to the road works M1 south near Luton fifteen Effing miles at 40/50 MPH AARRRGH!!! if that wasn't bad enough M25 all the feckwits who got there driving licence out of a Christmas cracker were out in force this afternoon, why me ?? Jesus H Christ on a bloody pogo stick it enough to make any self respecting Bishop kick his stained glass windows in, drivers?? I sh1t them.
Ok i've had me rant it was nice to see as many people turn up see you all at the next one;)
P.S What happened to all rain then?

Last edited:

Capt Sisko

P.S What happened to all rain then?
I got it!

I dropped in to see my brother in Garstang and by the time I left it was well & truly p*ssing down. The M6 south of Preston has pretty horrible, but the M56 heading west brought the misery to a new low; yet still the lemmings were doing 80mph with their rear fog lights on. When I got home my wife said, rain, what rain, barely had a drop all day, I even managed to dry some of the washing on the line!

wully

Brit Butt Tour Admin. Retired.
The definition of insanity? riding a 609 mile round trip for a fish finger butty!
No I can do better, the definition of insanity, ride 700 mile round trip in sub zero temperatures for a cup of tea in the open air.
Why do we do it.
I know to meet and make friends

JohnR

Mr. QR code
IBA Member
For my Lakeland adventure I arrived late, saved a small fortune in missing the nose bag, collected 5 BBT24 locations and half of the 18 hour, 800 mile round trip was in light rain including a splish splash exit from Peterborough Services through an unexpected 8" of flooded roundabout.