2 Aussies attempting a US 100CCC

Ok Guys & Gals this is an update from Rob's Facebook earlier today:

"We are done - have for 3 roadside repairs on the rear tyre, but it is cactus. We have run out of hours on day 1 so the 100CCC is out of reach now"

Unsure on what the boys have planned but looking forward to the next stage so keep an on their SPOT :confused:

Wombattle

Hi guys,

As you know Rob’s tyre was cactus. There was a window for me to go it alone from Van Horn but hey, two mates riding through the US together should stay that way. We were at Macas looking out at a storm drenching our bikes and decided “all or nothing” to risk the dodgy tyre and try to finish off an SS1000 just taking it easy in the cooler hours. and
damp. I am pleased to report we made it. We plan to get the tyre properly repaired/replaced in El Paso tomorrow our time. No plans for more IBA rides. We want to have a look around at some of the cool stuff we shot past today. So no 100CCC but we did manage to silken the sow’s ear with a plan B and enjoyed an eventful day.

Fatman

I know Rob and Wombattle are on a fairly tight time frame to get the bikes back to the hire company and then I believe more fun is to be had.

Brian Thorn

Premier Member
Almost back to Long Beach. It looks like they got to enjoy a little Arizona history in Tombstone, and then some cooler weather at the big hole in the ground that we call the Gran Cañón.

Hi guys,

As you know Rob’s tyre was cactus. There was a window for me to go it alone from Van Horn but hey, two mates riding through the US together should stay that way. We were at Macas looking out at a storm drenching our bikes and decided “all or nothing” to risk the dodgy tyre and try to finish off an SS1000 just taking it easy in the cooler hours. and
damp. I am pleased to report we made it. We plan to get the tyre properly repaired/replaced in El Paso tomorrow our time. No plans for more IBA rides. We want to have a look around at some of the cool stuff we shot past today. So no 100CCC but we did manage to silken the sow’s ear with a plan B and enjoyed an eventful day.
What a shame about the 100cc, but a great place to enjoy a relaxing ride now. Have fun guys.