2016-06-25 Castle Bran, Romania

You asked in another post Phil about what we consider an IB rider to be and you are it in my book, working Friday then making this trip to Romania just for a meal (hopefully picture). HAVE A GREAT TRIP and hope for your sake you're not working on Monday.
Dave C is making great progress, so too Bob. I'll look for more spots if available cis it's great seeing everyone converging at a site so far away across many countries.

Be lucky and keep the rubber side up, Iain

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
You asked in another post Phil about what we consider an IB rider to be and you are it in my book, working Friday then making this trip to Romania just for a meal (hopefully picture). HAVE A GREAT TRIP and hope for your sake you're not working on Monday.
Dave C is making great progress, so too Bob. I'll look for more spots if available cis it's great seeing everyone converging at a site so far away across many countries.

Be lucky and keep the rubber side up, Iain
I am working Monday. I'll leave early Sunday morning.

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I am working Monday. I'll leave early Sunday morning.
Nice one Phil ... Nothing like a full Sunday's ride to look forward to.

Unfortunately missed out on this trip so watching you all enjoy the Country hop through Europe..

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Looks like everyone thinks BREXIT means they have to leave uk. M4 M25 M20 chocker block.

Probably won't make photo but will make meal. GPS showing arrival at 5 and I will definately have to rest before sunrise.

So watching the spots it looks like both Bob and Dave C have arrived in Bran and Phil will be pushing it to arrive at 5

Looking forward to a live update soon...

Be lucky, Iain

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
three of us made the photo but the photo was a bit rubbish and there was no flag :(

we're waiting for Phil now over some beers

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Well made the Ride but not the Eat part & Journey started with me not in the peak condition having only had 4 hours sleep the night before and a 7 hour flight plus airport waiting etc.

But that's what make ride memories ...

Weather was brutal with heavy storms and rain that was collecting on the mountain roads washing debris down the slops and road making it a challenge to keep up reasonable speed, getting there in one peace was the target.
Managed to wake-up most of the rural villages with the exhaust sound and it was not until I took the photo of the church that I realised how quiet the area was until I thundered down the road.

Trip back was a little better rain at first for a few hours then it was a dry ride back ...

Only a couple of photos ...

upload_2016-7-2_7-56-47.png upload_2016-7-2_7-57-28.png

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
That's a pretty good image of the cathedral at Fagaras Ziggy, full marks for camera skills, but I suspect you'd agree that it doesn't do justice to the majesty of the building.

I've searched the internet and found a few images but none of them improve on yours :)

Last edited: