2016-08-20 Innsbruk, Austria

michiel kerkhof

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
To all participants I need to know for sure 2 days ahead of the day who will be there for the ride down and who isn't prepared to trow his life away! I will be there and go to the office to organise and prepay the ride for all guess we need all participants at hotel at say 12.00 AM sat morning.It will cost each abt 12.70 Euro to complete it which includes the chairlift up and the ride back down.In case it rains however the whole thing is closed as it's too dangerous to run it but we can then either visit the Insbruck castle or how appropriate we can go for a ride to the end of the Stubaivalley ...goes upto 2000 mtrs near a gletcher for abt 30 miles vice versa...or alternatively we can opt for early beers and bratwurst at the bar!

Robert

IBR Finisher
Premier Member
During my scouting for the Alpenbutt Rally, I passed by Hannes' place and I was feasted very well by him. A really nice place! Pity I can't be there in August...

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
Please add me to the list.
Room booked with Hannes.
But I am sure I will not be doing the toboggan run !!!:eek::eek::eek:

Just put the route from Calais to the hotel in Basecamp.
The non toll route is actually quicker and shorter than the toll route.
Saves time and money :):):)

pihlo

12 Days? 12Days!
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Regarding to the overallcost - toll in CH (35€, valid ti end of 01/17 and 8€ for Austria) it is a small amount and saves a lot of time.its not funny in CH and A crossing citys.....

pihlo

12 Days? 12Days!
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Yes it sounds like.... - But it is for a (calender)year plus 2 month.
And no other tollstations in land.

Riding a ss3000 thrue F, SP, P this year... 24 toll stops and around 150€..,,, for one trip!!!

Thats robbery!

Robert

IBR Finisher
Premier Member
You just need to buy a 10-day sticker for 8 € in Austria....or you take the scenic route and ride from Munich - Garmisch - Zirler Berg - Innsbruck, then you don't need to pay toll at all.
Just out of interest, how much are 8 € in relation to the total cost of the trip?:D