2017-06-02 Moscow

OK news from Moscow:-

Yes, it is possible to organize both Obligatory MTPL and Hull coverage in Russia.

In order to proceed please could you provide us with the following information per each motorcycle:

- model;

- year of manufacturing;

- sum insured;

- name of the insured, will that be legal entity (MC) or physical entities?;

- name of premium payer and beneficiary;

- horse power volume;

- territory (if you know where they will ride);

- necessary period.

Without this we can't get anything so please forward if you want a quote.

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Well done Mike :)

How should we proceed with this? At this stage, I'd suggest we need ballpark quotes rather than actual contracts pending final arrangements which are likely to vary from rider to rider; list info here or PM you ready for bulk submission in say two weeks?

Insurance technicalities: sum insured=value of bike as opposed to max liability?
MTPL = third party; Hull=comprehensive?
Territory: Russia, E-F on my map + St Petersburg

Yes close enough Bob.

This won't be easy but at least i can send a rocket over to our Moscow boys if there is a problem. Buying at border may only get you a piece of paper.

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Right: Mike's very kindly volunteered to allay our insurance fears for us and nobody's indicated that a different date would be beneficial so let's just get on and commit to 2nd June 2017. I'll contact hotels on my shortlist again this week and choose one by next weekend. (If anyone has better contacts with Moscow hotels, feel free to chip in)

More importantly, Dave, despite being too old to ride his motorcycle right across the continent, has very kindly designed a stunning patch and if you want one they'll be briefly available around 4pm on Friday 2nd June in Red Square.

MOCKBA_Final.JPG

Last edited:

Robert

IBR Finisher
Premier Member
You don't like it?
Hmmm...I could imagine that many Russians don't find this very funny...it's a bit like putting a swastika on a patch and write "Berlin" over it....
Typically, patches carry "touristic" motives...but hey, this is your thing, you decide what you put on the patches

Robert

IBR Finisher
Premier Member
Well, the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of Moscow are the towers of the Kremlin...;)
It's not about me approving something here - I'm just throwing in my two pennies worth... for other people, the use of a symbol that stands for tolitarism (especially in Eastern Europe) could be a bit....hmmm...problematic.;)

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
For what its worth dont be putting too much thought into it.
If its not PC, so be it .
Thousands of T Shirts and stickers are adorned with the Hammer and Sickle design all over the world .
Go with the design and everyone will know where you've been and who with.

AyrtonO

Premier Member
I'd recommend little bit more modern symbol of _Moscow_ if possible. Anyway less provocative than that communist hammer and sickle would be simple red star with/without St. Basil's cathedral and/or Kreml towers. State university or Ukraine/Radisson Royal hotel silhouette ( aka Stalin's teeth buildings) visually well known too.

Last edited:

jaybee

Latvian rider transport!!!!!!
Premier Member
Well if you believe the news, Putin misses the old days so maybe the traditional symbol might curry favour.
However, ultimately we get given them at 4 pm on Saturday and they will remain deep in a pocket somewhere until we are home and it is unlikely that any search will be looking for dodgy 2 inch square textiles!
I would be happy with the design but if I look back at my other 15 ERTE patches, the local monument is always present so for that reason alone I feel that the Kremlin or St Basil's would be more in keeping with our tradition.

AyrtonO

Premier Member
And especially for those who never been in Russia, may not be bad idea to increase safety level by watching some youtube videos of russian traffic crashes. Rules are bit different than in rest of europe and therefore knowing their system is very recommended. It's not only you drive according the rules, but to be prepared when locals dont. And that happens quite often (

Guys,

Insurance

I have had 2 responses, 1 complete (Bob) & 1 partial about insurance, I need all the information I requested further up this subject.

I will not ask my office in Moscow to do this piecemeal.

If you are really interested let me have all the requested information by 31/1/17 and I will do my best for you.